Chapter 23

The following two weeks Lauren felt like she is the happiest girl on the planet, actually fuck that, she felt like she is the happiest girl in the universe.

Sure, they had to keep their relationship under the radar because neither of them were ready to come out to their parents. Especially not Lauren. Whenever Camila was in her room while her parents were in the house she tried not to make out with the younger girl. At first, Camila thought she's only imagining it, it must be all in her head.

But when Saturday came and Camila decided to sleep over at her place Lauren was anxious as hell.

The two of them were currently sitting in Lauren's bed, watching Inside Out on Lauren's laptop.

Camila was practically sitting in Lauren's lap and her head was nuzzled in the crook of Lauren's neck.

Someone knocked on the door and Lauren instantly pushed Camila away. To say Camila was shocked is an understatement.

Lauren let out a sigh of relief when Taylor came in, and although she was glad it's not one of her parents, Taylor was evidently confused.

"Why is Mila on the floor?" Taylor asked as she entered the room and closed the door after her "Were you two making out?"

"Nope." Camila said and glanced at Lauren

"Then?"

"She's being paranoid again."

"I'm not!" Lauren argued

"Laur I was legit just sitting in your lap, something I've been doing for years. Years Lauren. Why would they think something else now?"

"I-I don't know Camz."

"Should I leave?" Taylor asked

"Nah, stay, watch the movie with us. And please sit between us, just to make sure your parents don't see me and her being friendly whatsoever. I'll go downstairs and bring some juice." Camila said before leaving the room

Downstairs in the kitchen she saw Lauren's mom.

"Oh hi Mila, how's movie night going?"

"Great." Camila mumbled

"You don't sound so sure about that. What's wrong?"

Camila debated for a moment but decided to give in. Clara was always there for her and she knew the woman will understand.

'Is it becomes of your break up with Daniel?" Clara asked and Camila turned around to face her

"Not really. How do you know?"

"Sinu told me. And Holland mentioned something about you finally getting someone you want. Who's the lucky guy?"

"Well..." Camila said

"Or a girl." Clara quickly added

"A-a g-girl?" She was a stuttering mess

"Holland is into girls, isn't she?"

"Yeah she is. But..." she had no idea what to say

"But? It's okay if you're not, or if you are."

"I don't think I am into girls."

"So who is the lucky guy? I hope it's not Christopher. You can do better." Clara chuckled

"It's not Chris. It's not a boy." Camila answers shyly

"You just said you're not into girls. What is it then? I'm not sure I am okay with you being into animals."

Camila giggled and shook her head.