Chapter 12

The rest of the night went just fine. When they came to Charleston they left their things in the motel and decided to go out for a drink.
Lauren decided she will be the one not driving so while everyone else had a beer or two she was on apple juice.

By the time they got back to the motel everyone was dead tired, with a reason; it was two in the morning.

Next morning Holland's
alarm woke them up, or at least one of them. Lauren was full of energy but both Camila and Holland head awful headache.

I guess, that's what you get for taking tequila shots after two beers.
Considering she was the only one who was not tired and did not have a headache they all agreed it's the best idea Lauren drives all the way to Greensboro.

Camila immediately called a shotgun, for obvious reasons. Lauren would lie if she said her heart didn't skip a beat when she heard Camila's sleepy voice yelling she's sitting on the front seat.

Last night, on their way from Savannah to Charleston she was thinking about Lauren. Full two hours of their drive. They all thought the youngest one is asleep, but she wasn't. Her head was going crazy, her mind didn't stop working, she was thinking and thinking and overthinking.
For two hours all Camila could think about was Lauren. And her final thought was that she will fight for Lauren.
Hunter was totally irrelevant to Camila and she had no plans of changing that. Bahh Felicia.
And Daniel. Daniel who?
Camila knew if she is forced to choose between Daniel and Lauren she would pick Lauren in a heartbeat.

Everyone in the car except for Lauren was asleep. She was softly humming to If Eyes Could Sleep by Devon Werkheiser playing from her playlist.
Camila flinched from her sleep but kept her eyes closed, opting to listen to Lauren's angelic voice for a little longer.

The somg ended and Camila was just about to open her eyes when Lauren started singing another song.

"I like your messy hair
I like the clothes you wear
I like the way you sing
And when you dance with me" Lauren's voice filled the silent car

Camila decided to put her hand on Lauren's but not open her eyes just yet.
Lauren flinched at the touch but as soon as she realized it's her brown eyed beauty she relaxed. However, her heart was still beating like crazy.
She kept singing and Camila could swear that instead it's cause you make me smile Lauren said it's Camz you make me smile and she tried so hard to keep her heart in chest.

She decided she's tired if pretending so she opened her eyes and looked at Lauren.

"Morning." Her sleepy voice almost killed Lauren

Lauren smiled at her and kept her mouth shout.

"Keep singing please." Camila politely asked

"You heard me singing?" Lauren qas surprised

"Please Lolo?"

And how can Lauren say no to Camila's puppy eyes? Simple, she can't.

Before singing Lauren switched playlist to the songs on the radio are okay one.

"Do you think it's worth fighting for love? Even if you think you have no chance with them?" Camila's soft voice broke Lauren's little concert

"I really hope so. Otherwise, I'm fucked. Why? I thought you and Dan are okay?"

"We are, I'm just asking."

"Camila is this for another one of your Larry fanfics?" Lauren mocked the younger girl

"No, it's not. I just wanted to know your opinion."

"I think it's worth fighting for. Unless the other person is like married or a priest. If the person you like, or are in love with or whatever is really the one for you then I think it's worth fighting for. But if the other person is not happy about you making a mess out of their world then I think you should stop."