Chapter 9

It was December already.

Nico still refused to talk to Will and he'd looked for him and asked for him to talk to him plenty of times. In the end, Will hadn't wanted to give up but he thought he should give Nico space. That resulted in them not speaking for two months.

In that time, Will saw Nico and Jason become ever closer. Reyna and Nico as well. They we're best friends. And Will was left missing Nico, despite the fact he had probably only known him for the amount of time they hadn't spoken. He wondered sometimes if he would ever talk to him again.

"Will! Earth to William!" Lou waved a hand in his line of vision and he abruptly turned his head back to them, realizing he had been staring at Nico from across the room. "Seriously, Will, if you want to talk to him again, you just should."

Will shook his head, "I've tried and he always ignores me."

"You haven't tried in like two months!" Lou insisted.

"Really, dude. Just talk to him." Cecil agreed. "I'll go with you if you want. We'll talk to him together if you're scared."

Will rolled his his eyes at his friend, "I'm not scared."

"Then just do it for Pete's sake. You like this good looking boy and you're letting him get away. Before you know it, he'll be dating Jason."

"Jason has a girlfriend ya nut."

Cecil raised an eyebrow, "Does he? Does he really? Looks to me like he enjoys Nico's company quite a bit."

Will couldn't resist rolling his eyes again before replying but Lou beat him to it.

"That doesn't mean he automatically has a crush on him dumbass. They're friends. Plus, Reyna and Nico are closer than him and Jason." At the last part, she sounded a little disappointed but quickly covered it'll with a smile. "You can be so stupid."

"You still love us." Cecil pointed out.

Lou laughed, "True."

At that moment, Will saw Nico get up from the table as Reyna approached. Reyna didn't hang out with them as much as she used to. Will didn't mind, he knew they we're great friends and they both deserved amazing friends. It was a win win friendship. They made their way out of the dining hall and he saw them turn left. The library. Probably to study. He itched to follow them but knew now wasn't the time and Nico would most likely walk out as soon as he saw him. He decided he'd try to talk to Reyna about it later.

"Will! Are you listening to us?" Lou waved her hand in front of his face this time.

He snapped back to attention, "Sorry."

Cecil rolled his eyes as Lou answered. "Sure you are. Can't you just talk to him already?"

"He won't want to listen to me."

"You sure about that?" Lou asked. "As I mentioned before, you haven't tried in a while."

It was Will's turn to roll his eyes. "I am feeling so attacked right now. If this is all you people will talk about, I'll just head to my room and study or something."

"Us people are trying to make you happy by urging you to talk to the boy you so obviously like!"

"It's not even that important!"

More rolling of the eyes happened. Will knew he could explain he was going to speak to Nico but he'd be going to Reyna first. But he also knew that they'd only continue to tell him to speak to Nico, not Reyna. So it was no use really. He decided he'd go to his room to study or something, like he'd so kindly mentioned. He moved to leave.

"Will." Lou set her hand on his before he got up. She hesitated and then, "I'll study with you."

He wasn't about to deny his best friend, so together they got up and headed for his room. Cecil whined but they ignored him and walked away. A little later, Cecil caught up with them. "Guys, we're the original trio, we must stick together. Also, I didn't want to be alone over there."

"Of course." Lou and Will said in synch.

But when they turned to Will's room, they saw someone leaning against his door, waiting. They stopped dead in their tracks. The black haired boy turned in their direction and stared at Will as he continued to wait.

"Well," Cecil shot Will a crooked grin, "I guess you'll be studying with someone else tonight." The very boy he'd been dying to speak with.

"We'll catch ya later, Blondie." Lou waved as she and Cecil retreated back where they'd come from.

Will didn't reply, he didn't have to. As he neared his door, he never broke eye contact with those deep brown eyes. When he reached to unlock the door, Nico moved back and followed him in once the door was open. Neither said anything as Will closed the door and sat at his desk chair. Nico stood awkwardly by the door. They kept mum for a long time before Will couldn't take it anymore and broke the silence. "To what do I owe this honor?"

Nico took a deep breath and turned his head away before muttering, "I wanted to apologize."

Will's eyebrow rose. "Hm?"

Nico returned his gaze to him. "You asked me for a chance to really be my friend. You asked I didn't ignore you for no reason that you knew of. And yet, I believe I did that."

Will didn't answer, he thought Nico still had more to say. He was right.

"And you were right. I did want a friend." He sighed. "I'm sorry Will." He couldn't quite look him in the eyes as he said that.

"Can I ask why you ignored me this time? Was it—"

Nico knew what he was going to say and cut him off, "It doesn't matter. I just wanted to apologize. So will you accept my apology or not?"

Will got up and stood in front of him, looking down at the boy who was two inches shorter than himself. "Can I apologize for it?"

"What?" Nico looked taken aback.

Will shrugged, "It bothered you. I'm sorry. I hadn't meant for anything—"

Nico shook his head, "Okay. Okay. I get it. That's enough."

So then Will smiled, "Okay, so when can I take you out again?"

Nico's head snapped up and his cheeks flushed instantly. "I never said anything about you taking me out."

"I want to. Besides, you still don't know everything this town has to offer. We can go for breakfast, I know this tiny café on time avenue. They have the best hot chocolate and coffee."

Nico didn't know what to say. But he still felt bad for having ignored him that way even if he had made amazing friends in that time. "... Okay."

Will beamed at his answer, "Okay. Sunday morning. I'll be at your door at 8."