Chapter 17

The morning after that night, they'd been late to class. They woken up late. Thankfully, the teachers just assumed they were feeling a wee bit ill so they weren't in much trouble. And just after that, one wonderful year went by in a blur.

And today was their one year anniversary.

"Wake up, mon Cheri." Will kissed Nico's forehead shook him a little. He didn't want to be too rough.

Nico groaned, "I'm not French, Will, god. I'm Italian."

"But I only know French." Will sat up. It was Sunday morning. Will wanted to take Nico out for breakfast.

Nico had different plans, though. As soon as Will sat up, he pulled him back down and warped his body so he was practically glued to him like a leech. "Stay. Don't get up yet."

Will chuckled. Nico was too cute. He couldn't handle it sometimes. He didn't want to give in but he supposed breakfast could wait until it became brunch. His later plans wouldn't be disturbed anyway. "Okay. But not too long."

Will felt Nico's smile against his chest, "Yeah. Yeah. I have plans for you later."

"Oh? Like what?"

"It's a surprise."

Will didn't want to question him further. He didn't mind a surprise. Not when it came from his death boy. They managed to cuddle in bed for another two hours before Cecil burst in, going on about needing clothes.

"I let you have the night and switched places with Nico but this is my room too and I need a change of clothes." He rummaged through his wardrobe. "Since both my best friends have boyfriends and girlfriends, I decided to get myself a date. I mean, it's been a year for fuck's sake."

The boys perked up at this news, Nico turned around to question Cecil. "Who did you manage to trick into a date?"

"For your information, I don't know who it is." He emerged from the wardrobe. "Lou and Reyna set me up for a blind date."

Will grinned, "So they tricked the mystery person."

Cecil stuck out his tongue, "There was no tricking. I happen to be likable."

Nico let go of Will and finally sat up, "But what if you don't like the person?"

Cecil made a trip into the bathroom, leaving Nico and Will waiting for an answer. He exited but didn't answer until he was halfway out the door. "Not to worry, I'm pan. I'll like them. See you guys tonight."

Will tried to clarify. "I don't think that's what he was as- " And he was gone.

Nico shrugged, "Well. Let's get dressed, I'm hungry." He got out of bed and was reaching for his small backpack containing his clothes before he stopped and turned again as Will was standing up. "Oh Will." He smiled and stepped closer. "Happy anniversary." He got on his tiptoes and gifted him with a sweet kiss. Will didn't even mind his morning breath.

Will smiled after the kiss, "Happy anniversary Neeks."

After that they dressed and proceeded to go. Nico started heading for the dining hall but Will grinned and shook his head, dragging him towards the front entrance. "C'mon Neeks. Didn't you think I had something? I'm taking you out for brunch."

Nico rolled his eyes but he smiled and Will knew he was happy about it. It made Will happy to know Nico was happy and his heart swelled. He couldn't believe he'd gotten such an amazing guy. And all to himself. It was fantastic.

When they were out of school grounds Nico had been heading in the direction of the little cafe a couple blocks to the right of the school they usually went to. But no, Will was taking them somewhere more memorable. He grabbed Nico's arm and pulled him to the left. "Neeks. Stop assuming were going to the same normal places. It's our anniversary. I'm taking you somewhere else."