Chapter 13

Will woke up energized and ready to woo. And then he laughed. There was no way he'd be wooing anyone, at least not yet. He'd promised Nico he'd be his friend. He didn't want to ruin that just because he had a crush on him.

"Will, I have a plan." Cecil startled Will as he came out of the bathroom with toothpaste foaming at his mouth and holding a toothbrush.

He was up early.

Before Will.

That could only mean one thing.

He was planning a prank.

"Cecil, not again." Will groaned.

"But listen to this Will, the Stolls have asked me to join them for this! I can't pass up this chance!" He returned to the bathroom to rinse.

Will threw off his covers and joined Cecil in the bathroom. "Their last prank almost got them expelled! What if you were expelled? Where would your parents take you then?"

He shot him a crooked smile but didn't say anything and left the room altogether. Only stopping to wave goodbye at the door. Will groaned again. I hose three boys, and who knows wo else, were going to get themselves expelled. And there was nothing Will could do or say to make them change their mind.

For the moment, Will decided not to think about it for the moment and dressed. He wanted to go find Nico. He thought he didn't know enough about his interests and wanted to take him back to his library alcove and learn all about him. Friends did that right?

Will looked in the mirror tacked on the bathroom door. He looked okay, he could work with what he wore today. It was supposed to be a casual affair anyway. So he turned to leave and he remembered it was finals week. The week before winter break. I hey had three days of testing and then Thursday was the first day of break. Which meant Will could not go find Nico. It was Monday and he had tests to do.

His face fell. He'd have no time to see him. Most likely not even lunch. During finals, the teachers had lunch and breakfast brought to the classrooms in order to save time and have more time for tests. Dinner wouldn't be okay either, Will usually took the time to study for the next tests. And helping Cecil study too, and whoever else showed up to his studying sessions in search of help. So unless Nico came to see him, he'd go without seeing him for the next three days.

But he wanted to be a doctor and this was the hard work it took to accomplish that.

So with a sullen expression and a determined set of mind, he set off to take his finals head on.

☀💀☀

The three days went by in a blur.

Waking up. Heading to class. Everyone nervously eating breakfast in class. Testing. More jitters as everyone ate their lunch, not knowing how they did on the last couple of tests and anxious about the upcoming ones. Going to the library and having study sessions with students who needed help in harder subjects. Annabeth had come in to help him aid the other students. He helped with math and sciences. She took over English and languages and history until Hazel came in and helped with the history. Piper coming along with her and helping with French. Everyone heading to grab dinner and bring it back to the library to study and eat. Going to sleep and repeat.

Cecil had showed up to all their studying and did his tests, along with the Stolls so Will never thought back on the prank Cecil had mentioned. And he forgot about it all. Maybe they'd changed their mind.

After Will's last test on Wednesday, he was so exhausted, as most other students were, he just headed to his room and passed out until Thursday morning. And the only reason he woke up was all the commotion outside hid room. He looked over to ask Cecil if he knew what was going on when he realized he wasn't there and because he'd been asleep, he never saw if he even came to sleep the night before. Then it hit him when he wasn't there and why all the fuss outside.