Chapter 10

Will knocked at Nico's door at exactly eight AM on Sunday morning. And as soon as his arm fell to his side, the door swung open. Jason was standing there. He held some roses. Will had a feeling those were not for him.

"Oh, hey Will. You aren't Piper." He frowned a little and pushed his glasses up. Will couldn't help thinking how that action looked incredibly out of place on the golden boy.

"No, I'm here for Nico." Will chuckled. "Is he up yet? We're supposed to have breakfast together."

Jason cast a glance behind him, "Actually, no. I'll wake him for you." Jason left the door ajar and Will saw as he headed to Nico's bed and shook him awake. "Nico, your boyfriend is here to take you to breakfast."

At those words, a deep crimson took over Will's features and Nico's eyes snapped open, a similar blush spreading on his cheeks. "He's not my boyfriend." Both spoke simultaneously.

Jason smiled and made his way out of the room, Will still standing in the doorway. "You kids have fun."

Once he was out of sight, Will shuffled nervously. "Um... So..."

Nico shot him a glare and got out of bed. Once at the door, "I can't, I have a chemistry project due tomorrow. And I haven't even started." He moved to close the door but Will stuck his foot out before he closed the door completely.

"What? Why didn't you say anything?"

Nico sighed and rolled his eyes, "I forgot, now go away." He tried to close the door again but Will's foot was still there. He glared at it, "Move your foot."

"Can I help?"

"What?" He looked at him like what he'd suggested was beyond preposterous.

"I had promised before that I'd help you with your classes."

Nico looked like he'd remembered Will's promise before the dance and closed his eyes, "I don't need help."

Will rolled his eyes, "Would it kill you to accept help once in a while?"

He glared at him but then he agreed with that cute grumpy voice of his and opened the door all the way, dramatically gesturing for Will to come in. "Make yourself at home." His sarcasm made Will smile.

So he decided to take it literally and jumped on Nico's bed, stretching out and putting his hands beneath his head, he then winked and said, "Care to join me, di Angelo?"

Nico's cheeks blushed crimson, "Get off my bed, Solace."

He sat up, "Or you could come and sit by me so I could help you with your chemistry project."

Nico grumbled something in Italian before grabbing a notebook and pen from his desk and sitting by Will.

"See? Was that so hard?"

"Yes." Nico replied.

But then Will started explaining everything and helped Nico through the whole thing. Wanting to be a doctor and studying for it, really helped Will with science. At random times, he'd find himself sprawled on Jason's bed or sitting on the floor still helping Nico, who would end up on his own bed, the desk or the floor next to Will. With something to work on together, they didn't bicker much and found they actually worked quite good together. Will found himself thinking more than once that they made a great team. At some point it'd gotten darker outside and when Will looked at a clock on Nico's bedside table, he found they'd missed breakfast and lunch by hours and dinner by a couple minutes. But Will didn't say anything until they finished the project half an hour later and Jason entered his room.