Chapter 9

I don't think we've toured since Sounds Good Feels Good, which was a solid 4 years ago. I knew that this day was coming, I just didn't know when. I'm going to be leaving my family for a year. I mean, of course they can come, but that just won't work. I don't want to put them through the constant moving and travelling. I want Bella and Owen to be able to live their life as normal kids. Though they aren't very normal, I want them to try to be as normal as possible. I guess I'll call my mom and see if she can take over the responsibility of the kids for a year. It's a lot to put on her, especially since she's finishing raising Harry right now, throwing a 7 and 9 year old on her, on top of their schedules would be hectic. 

Also if I go on tour right now, I will devastate my kids. Owen is already mad at me because of Aspen. He is going to be so angry with me when I tell him I'll be leaving for a year. A full year. It's not like a few months, that I could live with. I will be losing a year of my kids' life. I already missed the first year of Bella's, and now I have to miss another? Sometimes I think that the boys should just replace me, and move on, but they won't. If I'm not there, they won't perform even though all of me wishes they would. It would kill me, but there has to come a point when I have to slow down and be a full time dad. I've got enough money to live off of for a while. 

"Bella, Owen, we're going to grandmas! Let's go!" Bella ran downstairs quickly and put on shoes. She always loves going to grandmas, but only when she doesn't have to. Owen came downstairs a little bit after Bella. 

"I hope uncle Harry is home cause I'm sure not going for you." He crossed his arms and stomped out of the house. I shook my head, grabbed my keys, and followed them to the car. 

"Let's walk you guys, no need to waste gas." I said. My mom lives within a mile of us, there's no point in driving.

"I'll race ya!" Owen taunted Bella and the two ran off. I just walked behind them, cherishing the moments that I have left with them.

"Ashton! How are you my son?" My mom squeezed me tightly. 

"Hey mom, I'm doing alright. I need to talk to you though." I glanced in her eyes and she knew something was up. It was a motherly instinct I guess. We went into the kitchen and sat on the table with a cup of tea.

"I have to go back on tour, we're going to be gone for a year."

"That's great right? Remember how much fun the Sounds Good Feel Good tour was?" She doesn't get it, but she will.

"Yes it was fantastic. But Bryar was still alive, and she stayed home with the kids for the majority of the tour. She only toured with us on the last leg of the tour. I can't bring my kids around with me for a year, even if I wanted to. It'd be too much for them." Why does Bryar have to be dead!

"Oh, I understand. You want them to stay with me?" I nodded my head.

"Ashton..." She sighed. "That's going to be a lot on me, you know that. I'm getting on the older side, though I hate to admit it. I guess I can. But I can't keep up with Bella on her competition team, that is going to be too much. Classes I can handle, but the everyday rehearsals and then a competition every weekend? I can't do that."

"Thank you mom. I haven't told the kids yet, leave that to me." I gave her a big hug and left. Great. Owen is mad at me for Aspen and now Bella can't be on her competition team because of me. I am actually going to be worlds most hated father. When I got home, I checked my email and there was the list of tour dates. I leave in 2 weeks to start rehearsals for the tour, then we rehearse for 2 weeks. We start the tour in Australia, then Europe, Asia, South America and North America. I'll be gone a little bit over a year counting all the rehearsal times. This is going to suck.

***

Well, this is it, I'm leaving for rehearsals today. I told Bella and Owen about the tour a few days after I found out, and obviously they were hurt and angry. Owen is still giving me the silent treatment. Bella is more hurt than mad that I'm leaving. She is furious that she can't be on the competition team anymore though. I told her to just wait a year, and she'll be back on it. I had a few suitcases packed and I can't believe I'm leaving my babies. My mom and Harry just moved into my house for the time being because it was easier on the kids, and there was more space. 

We packed and loaded the car and headed to the airport. When we arrived, the other boys had already gotten there, and they were ready to leave. Bella and Owen helped me carry my bags over to the loading area.

"Daddy please take me with you on tour! I promise I'll be good! I won't bother you at all! I'll even do my homework. Please don't go!" Bella sobbed wrapping her arms around my waist. I hugged her back trying to hold back my tears as well. 

"Bella you know I can't. If I could, I would. I'm so sorry. This is my job, and I've got to do it." 

"I know dad, I know. I just wish you didn't have to me away from me for so long. I'm sorry if I ever did anything bad to you and for all the mean things I said. I don't mean any of them I swear! I just have mom's temper." She smiled. 

"Oh I know, why don't you go say goodbye to Uncle Mikey? He's sure gonna miss ya." Bella smiled, wiped away a few of her tears, and went to Michael. I tried to talk to Owen, but he won't talk to me. He barely acknowledges my existence. 

"I love you Owen Ashton Irwin. Don't you ever forget that. Remember to Skype me every day, I'll always answer, and if I don't I'll call back right away. If you need me, like really need me, you know I'll be on the next flight home. Be good for grandma Anne okay? I love you." I grabbed him by the shoulders and kissed his forehead. I finally got a little smile out of him. It was small, and didn't last longer than a second, but it was still a smile and I'll take it. 

"Ash, we've got to go now." Luke whispered.

"Goodbye Bella, goodbye Owen, I love you both." I hugged and kissed both of them one last time before boarding the plane. I took my seat next to Michael and I just cried. I am a grown man and I'm crying like a little baby girl who lost their doll. 

"It's gonna be okay, Ash. I can promise you that." Mikey handed me a tissue. "I might miss Bella more than you will. She's my little cutie pie and I love her to death. When she said goodbye, she goes 'Uncle Mikey, remember when you followed my mom to America? Well, I'm gonna find a way to follow you." I told her not to, but, I don't know. I just thought it was cute. 

"I also remember when you followed my wife to America WITH Bella. That was not a good time that we shouldn't talk about." I laughed. 

"Fine." The plane took off and I knew there was no turning back now. Let's start this tour!

______________

Hey guys! Becca here! You all probably forgot about me and this book and I don't blame you. But I'll be updating a lot more until I finish it. There'll be about 3-5 chapters left of this. I figured just to end it instead of keep it going. I have side stories to these but i think it's just best if I end it, and just start a brand new fanfic. When I come up with the idea, I'll start writing. I love you guys tho, 

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT

your comments actually make me so happy you have no idea. 

love you guys <3