Chapter 15

Have you ever seen your life flash before your eyes?

I have.

It's not like you'd expect either.

_____

"Come on Bella it's time for school!" I called Bella. Today was the first day of school, and Bella is starting 7th grade today. I never though I'd see the day when my daughter was going to be in 7th grade. Soon enough, she'll be graduating high school and off to college and I'll be alone. But luckily, I've got some time.

Bella ran down the stairs, dressed in a black and white maxi dress and her hair hanging down past her shoulders.

"Do I look okay?" She asked.

"Beautiful as always." I kissed her cheek and gave her an apple as breakfast and we got in the car. Bella is always running late, something that she got from her mother.

"I think I have a few classes with Gabe!" Bella said excitedly. "We are both in the smart classes this year, so we're most likely going to be in the same class!" I looked over at her and she was fixing her appearance in the car mirror.

"Gabe really likes you." When I said that, her face flushed pink of embarrassment.

"Dad, stop it!"

"Whatever Bella! Have a great first day!" I smiled, pulling up to the school. Bella got out of the car and immediately found Gabe, and the two of them started their adventure together.

Today, is a day that I'm going to spend focusing on myself. I spend all of my time focusing on Bella, and everyone else. I need Ashton time.

I'm gonna start this Ashton day by getting some breakfast. I don't remember the last time I went out and had a meal by myself. I remember when I was little, I used to say I'd never be a person to go out and have a meal by myself. I never wanted to be that lonely, to the point where I had to eat by myself. I realized around the age of 20 that you don't have to be lonely to eat alone, you just need time to focus on you.

After breakfast, I realized how boring my life is. I don't tour anymore, I'm not in a relationship anymore, I'm not with my family anymore. My life is sad. I decided to call Luke, to see if he wanted to do something with me.

"Luke!"

"Hey Ash, what's up?"

"I have absolutely nothing to do!" I sighed.

"Why don't you come over? Harmony is at work and I'm also bored."

"Alright I'm on my way!" I started my car and headed to Lukes place. Him and Harmony bought a fairly large place after they got married.

Luke and I spent the day being men. When I say men, I mean drinking beer and watching the sports channel. Neither of us knew what to say, or what to do.

"I'm gonna go pick up Bella from school, I'll see you later Luke." I headed back to the school to pick up Bella. I stood outside the car until I found Bella. When I spotted her, I saw her and Gabe with their fingers laced together. They are hands down, the cutest thing ever. I wish I could be mad about Bella being with a boy, but I can't. They're just too cute.

"Bye Gabe!" Bella waved and got into the car.

"I saw you two holding hands!!" I teased, poking her sides.

"We were just testing to see if our hands were too cold." Bella tried to lie.

"Yeah? For the whole walk to the car?" Bella just crossed her arms and avoided eye contact. I just grinned and drove away.