Chapter 4

Owen came home from school a little over an hour later since the encounter with Luke and Harmony and the kid bombshell. Luke has always been the most reasonable one of us all, so I'm not surprised that he took the news so well. I freaked out about Bella, mostly because I didn't think I was ready to be thrown into the world called parenthood.

"Owen, come here I've got some good news!" I said when Owen opened the door.

"Yeah dad?" He walked in the kitchen and grabbed an apple to eat for a snack.

"Turns out Uncle Lukey has got a kid. He's only a little older than you. We get to meet him today, if you want." I smiled.

"Uncle Lukey has a kid too? Where has he been?" Owen asked with curiosity.

"In America. His mom is Auntie Harmony." Owen's mouth dropped in shock. He didn't really understand the whole 'where babies come from' thing, and I don't really want to talk to him about that either, not for a while.

"Yay I get a new friend!" He smiled, running off to his room. Now we just have to wait for Bella to get out of dance and we will all head over to the hotel together later. I fixed dinner for Owen and we sat down at the table.

"It feels empty without Bella." Owen sighed. I'm glad that Bella and Owen get along, I would hate for them to fight constantly.

"Yeah, it's empty without your mom too." I took a bite of the spaghetti.

"Can you tell me a story about mom? You promised you would!" He smiled.

"Okay, okay. Let me think of a good one." I sat there for a second, thinking of all the time we spent together, and which one would be appropriate to tell Owen. "Oh I've got one. Here's the story of the day we met. I was so excited that my friend David was having a foreign exchange student from America at his house. I went there right after school and I saw her. I saw her brown hair and brown eyes and tanned skin. She came up and said 'hello I'm Bryar' and I thought that was the weirdest name ever. Then Charleigh and David had to stay home, and their mom let me take her out to the city and show her all the cool sights. She was so amazed by something that I see every day. That's when we became friends. That's when it all happened." I smiled, but inside I was dying, missing her like crazy. Sometimes I think that she's still here, and it was just a dream that she left. I couldn't be more wrong. It hurts at times, knowing that she's gone.

"Aw daddy." Owen stood up and gave me a big big hug. "I love you Dad." Owen kissed my cheek.

"I love you too. Now lets go get Bella and meet Gabe, yea?" Owen nodded excitedly, put his plate in the sink, and put on his shoes. The two of us got into the car and to the dance studio. Bella has been working hard in class and is very excited for her first competition tomorrow. She's got to get up really really tomorrow so I shouldn't keep her out too late. When I arrived at the dance studio, class was just getting out and I saw my mom and Bella walking out the front door with Ava and her mom.

"Bella!" I yelled from the car, getting her attention.

"Daddy!" She came running into my arms. "I didn't know you were coming to get me today!" She smiled and her dimples indented deeply into her cheeks. Bella's dimples only show when she's really happy, and I haven't seen them in a while.

"I've got a little surprise for you actually. Remember Harmony, your moms friend?" I finally put her down, realized that I was still holding her.

"Yeah! I miss her and her crazy hair colors." She pouted. "She's like Uncle Mikey!" She laughed at her own joke. She got that trait from me.

"Well, she's here! Her and her son Gabriel. We're going to see her right now!"

"Yes! I'm so excited." Bella jumped in the car and fastened her seatbelt. I called Luke and asked him where we should meet him, and he said in the hotel Harmony was staying at. About 20 minutes later we arrived at the hotel. Bella and Owen got out of the car and ran to the door of the hotel.

"Daddy's a slow poke!" Bella pointed at me and laughed, then Owen stuck his tongue out at me. We entered the hotel and found Harmony's room. It was easy to find, since I heard the sound of guitars from down the hallway. Owen used his small hands to knock on the door, and we were greeted by Harmony.

"Ah!" Har screamed and hugged the two little ones, even though they aren't so little. "When did you two grow up?! Bella, you're so pretty! And thin, good thing I'm making burgers. Eat like 7. Owen! You're a handsome little devil. Got any girlfriends yet?" Harmony asked, and he shook his head.

"Where's Gabriel?" Bella asked excitedly.

"Oh he's in there! Playing guitar with Luke. Bella peeked her head around the corner and saw the little blonde boy sitting on the bed.

"Gabe! This is Ashton, and his kids Bella and Owen." Harmony introduced. Luke had his arms wrapped around Gabe showing him a chord on the guitar.

"Hi!" Gabe stood up and shook all three of our hands. I'm glad to see that Harmony raised him well. Bella backed up a little and clenched my arm.

"Belly Bell whats wrong?" I looked down at her.

"Daddy. He's really cute." She whispered. Oh no. Looks like Bella has got her first crush. I don't know how to react. I'm her dad, and I'm supposed to keep her away from every boy that is near her. Now's a time where I need Bryar. Now I know that my little girl, isn't so little.

_____________________

End of Chapter 4! I hope you all enjoyed it. It's gonna get really hard to update throughout the next two months because I'm in my school's musical and I have a lot of rehearsals. Love you guys. Vote and comment and all that shit.

-Becca <3