Chapter 18

Marilyn's POV:

I hear crying upstairs and a door slam loudly. Calum's voice echoes through the house as he bursts from anger towards his mom. "I can't believe you mom!" he screams, "You, of all people, know that I love her! I've been waiting so long to do this and you go and ruin it!"

"Calum I-I didn't mean to cause this much trouble. I just wanted to make sure you were thinking clearly, you know what Ellie has done in the past," Mrs. Hood reasons with him. Luke and I slowly creep up the stairs, trying not to disturb either of them. I can't help but wonder what Ellie has done but I am more concerned about how she is feeling right now than to think about that.

"This is unfair mom! People change!! You just hold fucking grudges all the time and can't get over yourself! Leave me the fuck alone!" Calum yells and his mom looks extremely worried. He slams the door in her face and she turns towards the stairs with tears in her eyes. I soon hear music blasting from Calum's room, that must be his way of dealing with anger. Luke knocks on the door but we realize that Calum can't hear us. So we both end up walking into my room, to see if Ellie is okay. She lets us in and we both sit on her bed with her.

I put my arm around her and rub her back. "It's gonna be okay El," I say, trying my best to comfort her in this awkward situation.

"Yeah Ellie, we're here for you anytime you need us," Luke says. We both ramble on about how his mom seeing that won't affect their relationship and things like that until she cuts us off.

"Guys it's not that," Ellie says and smiles through her tears, "He loves me. He said he loved me." She gets choked up on her words and starts to cry again, but now we realize they are happy tears.

"I know Ellie, I know." I say and I'm even starting to get choked up as well. Seeing such a good friend so happy makes me so happy. "Why don't you go try to calm him down?" I ask.

"That sounds like a good idea," Luke chimes in, "I don't want him breaking any of my stuff," he laughs.

"Alright I will," Ellie giggles and gets up to go in his room. She shuts the door behind her and I can hear her banging on Calum's door to get in. Luke and I look at each other and I move over onto his lap. I face him and I straddle him between my legs. His hands cup my face and I smile, bringing my lips to his. Every time we kiss, I feel sparks. Even in the most simple moments such as this one, he is able to make me the happiest girl alive.