Chapter 15

I'm alone in this house. With him. He shuts the door behind us as we walk in. Our shoes clunk loudly on the floor; the whole house is silent. He grabs me around the waist and swings me into the kitchen. I giggle and hold onto his arms. He sets me down and leans to my ear. "Hey I know what we can do," he whispers. His hot breath tickles my cheek and I blush.

"What?" I question and look up to him with a smirk.

"Come with me. I want you to see something," He says and grabs my hand. He opens the back door for me and we walk down the path to the lake. It's really dark out and all we have is the moon for light. A canoe is pulled onto the sand and two lifejackets and a lantern are inside. He leans me over to the canoe and helps me put on my lifejacket. Luke then grabs his and buckles it. He takes the paddle out of the boat and steadies it so I can sit down. He steps in and the boat shakes slightly. I gasp; I'm very afraid of falling in the water with my clothes on. "Don't worry Mar, we won't fall in," he laughs.

"Okay I'm trusting you," I giggle. He paddles us out a little ways and lets us drift.

"Look up," he says. I follow his order and I am in awe. I never noticed how beautiful the stars were at night. I never really got a chance to really see them.

"Wow Luke, this is absolutely amazing," I say with my eyes never leaving the stars.

"I thought you would like it," he says proudly. I turn back to him and we stare each other in the eyes. But, I think his eyes are even more gorgeous than the stars in the sky. He starts to lean into me and I am so ready to kiss him. I close my eyes and I feel the boat shake a little, but I think nothing of it. Then as his lips brush mine, the canoe starts to wobble and lose control. Luke pulls away and begins to stand up, which completely tips the boat over. We both fall out into the water and our heads go completely underwater. The lantern is blown out and it is pitch black. When we resurface, I start to laugh so hard my stomach hurts. He's almost choking on water but he's still laughing. I swim over to him and I grab onto him, wrapping my legs around his torso. My hands rest on his chest and his are on my shoulders. We giggle and look into each others eyes. He studies my face and his hand moves to the back of my head and he pulls me closer. "Lets try this again," he whispers and places his lips on mine. They feel so soft and I feel so warm inside. His hand rubs over my ear and then wraps around my neck, pulling me as close as they can to him. Our lips move at a slow pace; our tongues gently brush over each other. I suck on his lower lip and then release; pulling away from him.

"Luke..." I say with astonishment.

"Marilyn," he says back. I float there, just staring into his eyes. "I know that you're in shock with my amazing kissing skills, but we should head back to the house. You never know, there may be more where that came from," he says with a wink. My cheeks turn bright red and I nod, climbing back into the canoe. It wasn't very easy, but eventually we were both able to do it. He paddles us both back to the shore and we run down the path back to the house. I am so curious as to what else the night may bring.

I am seriously really sorry for updating late, but I hope you guys like this chapter :) Keep reading, commenting and voting!!! AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! That is truly amazing!! Love you guys!