Chapter 7

On the way home, we talk about a lot, mostly about me and my life before moving to Sydney. "So you were in the drama club back there? That must've been fun. What plays did you put on?" He asks me and seems genuinely interested.

"Well, I did two. Annie and Aladdin. They were both so great,"

"You should do the drama club here," Luke says.

"Yeah, I was thinking about it, but I'll probably wait until next year. I kinda came a little late," I say and we both laugh.

"You'll have to sing for me sometime," Luke suggests and I shrug. I'm not the best singer, but I loved to do it.

"Maybe,"

"And maybe I can sing for you," he states as he slightly bites his lip. As he does this, he quickly slips his arm around me, holding my shoulder.

"You sing?" I ask excitedly as I look sideways up to him.

"Yeah and play guitar. So does Michael. Calum plays the bass guitar and Ashton drums. We're in a band, did we never tell you?"

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you guys never told me! You have to play for me sometime!" I reply.

"Whenever's good for you. I'm sure the boys would like that," he says. His tongue plays with his lip ring, he's done that before. It must be a nervous habit or something. We are just walking up our street; my house is one of the first. We walk up my driveway together, his arm still around me.

I turn to face him, "I'm gonna go in the side entrance. Thanks for being my walking buddy," I playfully say.

"No problem. I'm glad we could talk," We look at each other. His nose points out so perfectly and his eyes are the most beautiful blue. His hair is always in an awesome quiff and his smile is just gorgeous. I can't stop looking at him. "I'll see you at 6:30 Marilyn," he says while lightly kissing me on the cheek. His lips are so soft and gentle. His lip ring felt cold on my skin. He pulls away, then turns to walk to his house.

"See you," I say too quietly to for him to hear; he is already walking down the driveway and on the the sidewalk to his house. I try to process what just happened. I stand there, stunned. Luke just kissed my cheek. OH MY GOD. I lift my hand to the spot where his lips touched my skin, smiling from ear to ear. I can't believe he just did that. I regain my composure and open my garage door. I walk into my house, yell to my mom who was upstairs, and make myself cheese and crackers as a snack. My hand keeps touching the spot on my cheek where he kissed me. That's the first time a guy has ever showed some interest in me like that. I imagine dating Luke until my mom comes downstairs, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey honey, how was school?"

"Fine. Normal," I reply.

"You walked home right?" She asks.

"Yeah, Luke walked me,"

"Oh, that's nice sweetie. I'm glad you made some friends."

"Yeah and I'm going to Luke's at 6:30 to do homework and study. He's going to tutor me."

"Okay, sounds good. Make sure you thank him and don't get into any trouble, if you know what I mean."

"Mom! Of course I'm not going to do that! Oh my god!"

"I know hon, I just want to make sure."

"Well I'm sure. I'm going to my room," I say as I trudge up the stairs with my heavy backpack. As I enter my room, I think about what I should wear for tonight. I don't want to look super fancy, but I don't want to look like a complete slob. I decide to change out of my skirt I was wearing for school today and I put on shorts and a drama club sweatshirt from my old school in New York. I look decent enough to study, I guess. I leave my hair down in waves, it looks okay to leave it natural. The only makeup I have on is mascara. I hop on my phone to check twitter and all that good stuff before I go study.