Chapter 8

Luke and I studied a couple times after that to prepare for finals, but it never really amounted to anything else. We would both flirt, but that is the extent of it. Finals are over (I passed!) and it is the first day of summer. We leave for vacation tomorrow.

"Honey have you packed all of your bags?" My mom yells up to me in my room from the kitchen. I have been busy all day making sure I have all I need for the lake house.

"Yeah, mom. I think I have everything!" I yell back. I take a quick scan of my room to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Calum's mom is coming to pick us all up around 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, but my mom wants me to pack everything before. She hates saving things for the last minute. I finish getting everything together and I run downstairs to give my mom a kiss before I go to bed for the night. I wash off all my makeup from the day and hop into bed. I pull the sheets all the way up to my chin and fall asleep quickly.

The next morning flew by. I woke up around 9:30 and rushed around my house to eat breakfast, do my hair, get dressed and do one final check to make sure I had everything. Calum texted me that they were on their way, and as soon as I know it, they pull up in a large minivan, right at 10:00. The boys grab my bags while I talk to my mom. I kiss her goodbye, she tears up a bit. "Mom, its only a week. Don't worry about me," I reassure her.

"I know, sweetheart. I'm just going to miss you so much," she replies and a small tear rolls down her red cheek. I hug her tightly and whisper "I love you," in her ear and I hop into the backseat of the car, next to Luke. Calum already picked up everyone; Luke, Ashton, Michael, and a dark purple haired girl who was sitting in between Mike and Ash. Calum sits in the front seat, next to his mom who is driving. Luke and I are in the back and the rest are in the middle seats.

Calum's mom pull out of my driveway and we all wave to my mom standing there. The girl with purple hair turns around to face me. "Hi! I'm Ellie!" she exclaims, "I'm Michael's cousin,"

"Hey," I say, "I'm Marilyn!"

"Nice to meet you," she adds.

"You too!" I say as we exchange smiles before she turns back around. She seems really nice and pretty cool and I really like her hair. I can see that hair-dying runs in their family.

"So are you excited?" Luke asks me. Everyone else is talking with Calum's mom in the front.

"Yeah, I really am!" I reply bubbly.

"This is my first time coming here too, you know. It will be an experience for both of us." He lets out a small laugh. I smile and nod up to him. We are both sitting on each end of the back seat, until he moves over just a little towards me.

"Do you mind if I..." he asks nervously, referring to moving into the middle of the back seat.

"No not at all. As long as you don't mind me using your shoulder as a pillow for the whole ride," I reply with a little smirk.

"I don't think I would mind that," he says as he buckles the seatbelt to the middle seat. I use his response as an invitation to rest my head on his broad shoulder, and he gently puts his head down on mine. We sit like that for a couple hours, exchanging small talk but mostly trying to get some rest. It started to get uncomfortable around hour three so I take my head off his shoulder and look up into his eyes.

"Do you wanna lay down?" I whisper because some people are sleeping.

"Sure," he says, "I can sit in the corner and lay my legs out, and you can lay on my chest and stretch your legs out too,"

"Okay," I follow his lead. We both unbuckle and are able to lay down very quickly. My head is on his chest; I can feel it move with every breath he takes. I close my eyes and fall asleep to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

Sorry this is a little short. I've been pretty busy with school;-( I'll try to update often but it's hard to keep up sometimes. Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions for where the story should go, just comment and I'll read over them!