Chapter Two

"Are we there yet?" Taehyung whined from the backseat, his deep voice going up an octave. "I need to pee."

"We have about an hour left to go," Namjoon replied in his most fatherly tone, which he donned often. He was pretty wise, and him being the leader made him more inclined to take care of the others. Taehyung groaned loudly, earning a smack on the head from Yoongi, who had napped the whole way.

"But I reaaaally need to pee!" he insisted, pouting. "I might explode!"

"I need to pee, too," Jungkook added, snorting. I rolled my eyes, chuckling, and looked at Namjoon. He sighed and hit the steering wheel in exasperation.

"Alright, we'll stop at a gas station," he finalized. "While I add gas, you two dweebs take a piss, okay?"

The two youngest cheered, and Yoongi complained about their noise level again without opening an eye. Namjoon groaned and shook his head. I noticed how tired he was looking. His skin looked dull, and his eyes were drooping a little. He had been driving for hours, after all.

"How about after the gas station, I drive," I suggested quietly. Namjoon nodded listlessly.

"Thanks, Seokjin," he murmured. I smiled and nodded brightly.

We pulled up at the gas station, and V and Jungkook toppled out of the van and raced into the gas station as Namjoon got out to get gas. I stepped out to get into the driver's seat. As I got settled down, the shotgun door opened, and I turned my head in surprise. A tired Yoongi stumbled into the seat, and I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Those little kids are too loud," he mumbled, his eyes still closed. "Can't get a wink of sleep."

I sighed softly, smiling. Jimin had fallen asleep, and he shivered in the cold air-conditioned air. Hoseok quickly took off his jacket and covered the younger boy with it adoringly, and I couldn't help but feel warm and fuzzy. In Bangtan, we took care of each other because we were essentially a family. I loved my second family. Some time passed, and the two maknaes came back with some plastic bags filled with chips and sodas.

"We got snacks!" Jungkook sang in his lovely voice, distributing the food evenly between everyone, even placing a bag of chips on Yoongi's lap and some on the empty seat that would be Namjoon's. Yoongi immediately woke up to eat, quickly shoving crisps into his mouth. I glanced around the car and noticed how much the scene looked like an ideal road trip. Everyone was content and chatting between mouthfuls of snacks as music played from someone's phone. This was the start of a Bangtan adventure. I blinked and opened my bag, shuffling around its contents. My hand wrapped around something rounded and plastic, and I pulled out the pink Polaroid camera that Namjoon had gotten me for my birthday.

As Namjoon finished up with the gas, I waved him over.

"Take a picture of Yoongi and I!" I commanded, handing Namjoon the little camera. He complied and leveled the camera. Yoongi made a "huh" noise, but put down his bag of chips. I flashed a peace sign and smiled, and I felt Yoongi shift to get in the shot. Namjoon's finger pressed down, and the click indicated that the picture had been taken. I was handed the camera, and Yoongi took the picture. He looked at it as I put my camera back into my bag.

"This isn't too bad," he commented before stowing the slip of film into the glovebox. Namjoon opened the door to the middle and climbed to the back row, grumbling about how people who were 180 centimeters shouldn't have to climb all the way to the very back of vans. I quickly shushed him before starting the car again.

"Are we all buckled up?" I called, adjusting the rearview mirror. I saw six other familiar, smiling faces in it. They sight of their faces warmed my heart, and I grinned.

"Let's go!"