The Fight For Life.

I leaned my head against the barren concrete wall humming a lullaby my mother taught me when I was three, one I taught Octavia when she was small. It was the song I sung to myself to keep calm whenever Marko left my cell. It reminded me of a time when I was safe, when I learned the song. I was sitting in a soft bed wrapped in a warm blanket and my mother's long toned arms when she taught me it. The warmth is really the only thing I remember about my mother. Every once in a while memories of her try to come back but I push them down not wanting to remember what I would never have. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Bellamy's face, so I let myself doze off hoping to see him in my dreams.

      My panting breath was all I could hear in the silence of my cell after Bellamy left, but I couldn't sleep. My face was covered in tears no matter how I tried to close my eyes and sleep, the images of Marko's death played over and over in my head. How he held me down, the feeling of his hands around my neck, his hot breath in my ear, how helpless I felt. And the worst part, how I felt my control slip and I couldn't stop stabbing him, how I slammed the knife into his cheats breaking bones and ripping flesh, piercing his still beating heart. I shuddered just thinking about it. The worst part of it all was that I wasn't just traumatized from the murder, I had spent a year locked away being tortured like an animal. I was locked away and beaten, cut open, burned, and beaten again. I was trapped and there was nothing I could do. I had burns and scar's all over my body from the time I spent with Marko. Silent painful reminders of just how fragile I really was. I feel numb, dazed, withdrawn and distant from other people. I just wanted to forget about what happened and avoid people or situations that remind me of the pain. But I can't stop thinking about it. I felt like I couldn't wash away his smell. And when I thought about it, I felt like it was happening all over again. I felt very sad, like I lost a part of me. I had an intense anger that I'd never felt before. At times I felt afraid, and anxious. And I couldn't get away from it. Even after a month and a half I still felt like it happened yesterday.

      I was close to sleep when I heard the click of the door made before the guards came in. I quickly buried my knife into my boot before plopping down on the bed. Two unfamiliar guards walked into my cell; they weren't my usual guards. "Prisoner six two seven face the wall." A buff guard commanded. I sighed temped to ask why Tanner and Greg weren't here for the usual check up but I kept silent and faced the wall. This gave me a moment to think. Checkups were every other day and I had one yesterday, so there was no reason that the guards should be here. "What is the purpose of this?" I asked irritated. The guard ignored me and opened a metal box with what looked like held a metal wristband. "Hold out your right hand." The strong guard said. "No. Fist tell me what's this for? It's another few days until my execution." I refused. Any crime is punishable by death unless you were eighteen, but I was twenty two. My father saw that I would have a fair trial and I was supposed to get one but deep inside I already knew the outcome. When they were going to take me out of this cell they were going to be taking me to my death. There was a very good chance I would be floated for my crimes but that wasn't supposed to be for another few days. As they started to corner me I heard yelling from the Sky Box; lock up where the rest of the juvenile delinquents are held. I quickly swung my leg and kicked the one guard in the side and darted for the door but the other guard already grabbed my arms and held me back from the door. "Ms. Kane!" The guard started "Where's my father! I want to see my father!" I Yelled. Someone stepped through the door and called my name "Dad!" I yelled and broke away from the guards grasp and wrapped my arms around him. It'd been weeks since I'd seen him. He was only allowed to visit once since my arrest, along with Bellamy who I missed terribly. This was because my father was the Chancellors second in command. "Adrianna," He started but I interrupted him "What's going on? Are they moving me? Are they going to take me to float?" I rambled now in panic. "I love you, Adria. I'm so sorry." He nearly cried. The strong guard proceeded to advance towards me motioning for my wrist so he could cuff me. This was it, I was getting floated. Millions of emotions washed over me at once; my mind settling with fear. I was suddenly so sure that I wasn't going to die without a fight. I was a guard for years before I was kidnapped, the best in the entire guard. I always thought that was the reason why Marko kidnapped me, he was a guard also. Jealously was a powerful thing, but I had never been sure before. I never asked him. Fighting was my first instinct it was natural to me like breathing. I knew how to fight back and this time I didn't have chains to keep me locked away to stop me. Marko was a coward. He would never have taken me in a fair fight. But these guards didn't have the advantage of chains, I could fight, and now I was going to. I leaned into my fighting crouch and the tall guard seemed to change completely, turning to a cold and dark man with a sinister grin across his face as he watched me, my instincts screamed to me that he was dangerous. His arm twitched and pain stabbed at my jaw and spread across my face, making my vision go black at the edges and my ears ring. I blink and lurch to the side as the room dips and sways. I don't remember his fist coming at me. I am too off balance to do anything but try and move away from him, as far as the walls allowed. He darts in front of me and kicks me hard in the stomach. His foot forces the air from my lungs and it hurts, hurts so bad I can't breathe, or maybe that's because of the kick, I don't know, I just fall. Get up. Was the only thought in my mind. I push myself up, but he is already there. He grabs my hair with one hand and punches me in the nose with the other. This pain is different, less like a stab and more like a crackle, crackling in my brain, spotting my vision with different colors, blue, green, red. I try to shove him off, my hands slapping at his arms, and he punches me again, this time in the ribs. My face is wet. Bloody nose. More red, I guess, but I'm too dizzy to look down. He shoves me and I fall again, scraping my hands on the ground, blinking, sluggish and slow and hot. I cough and drag myself to my feet. I really should be lying down if the room is spinning this fast. The man spins around me; I am the center of the spinning planet, the only thing staying still. Something hits me from the side and I almost fall over again. Get up get up get up. I see a solid mass in front of me, a body. I punch as hard as I can, and my fist hits something soft. The man barely groans, and smacks my ear with the flat of his palm, laughing under his breath. I hear ringing and try to blink some of the black patches out of my eyes; how did something get in my eye? My knees give out and the floor is cool against my cheek. Something slams into my side and I scream for the first time, a high screech that belongs to someone else and not me, and it slams into my side again, and I can't see anything at all, not even whatever is right in front of my face. Lights out.