Drabble #1 - "Looks like we'll be trapped in here for a while..."

Pairing: Stiles/Lydia

Rating: K

Summary: Stiles is a thief and Lydia is an FBI agent. Not knowing that another gang is robbing the art gallery that Stiles intends on breaking in, both Stiles and Lydia end up tied up in a room together.

Dedication: For the lovely Vicky, kuulei-nuggets on tumblr. Everyone go check her Stydia fan art, I'm in love with it!

xxx

"Looks like we'll be trapped in here for a while..."

She's gonna kill him. She's positive, absolutely sure, 100% certain that as soon as she can get her hands free, she's gonna kill him. And then arrest him.

"Oh really?" she asks rhetorically, her tone exasperated. It's been, she's guessing, almost two hours of captivity already. "I'd never thought."

He just looks at her sheepishly but it doesn't go completely unnoticed to her how he keeps bouncing one of his legs agitatedly. "Yes, I'm dead serious. We are really gonna be here for a while. It's a fact. They're not letting us go anytime soon, and it's..."

He continues rambling and Lydia huffs in annoyance, trying to free her wrists by pulling at her restraints again. It does nothing. "Then you'd better shut your mouth because I'm fed up with you already," she mutters, giving him the stink eye.

His mouth pops open as he glares at her in disbelief. "Why are you looking at me like this is my fault?"

If it weren't because of him, Lydia would have never left her house today. It was her day off, the office didn't need her and if she weren't so damn obsessed in finding the "Void thief" as people have been calling him – him, the guy sitting beside her, tied to a chair much like her not even three feet away –, she'd have never been caught in this situation.

She'd followed one of her leads by herself with no backup whatsoever. Her bosses didn't trust her theory and Lydia had been so determined to prove them wrong that she decided to do a little investigation on her own. Turns out that she was right, and that's why she was finally able to catch the mysterious Stilinski robbing an old art gallery. Or well, at least that's what they intended to do.

In the last few months she's learned how incredibly sneaky he is, how smart, how much of a mastermind really, and it all started about a year ago, when suddenly all anyone could hear on the news was how this Void guy kept robbing some of the most iconic buildings in town by himself without leaving much of a trace behind. One of the FBI's most solid, concrete lead was a very low quality picture of him in profile. Lydia is only sure that the guy beside her is him because she's spent countless hours studying the damn picture. For research, of course.

Some of her contacts had tipped her off about possible new locations for the next robbery, and that combined with all of her obsessive investigation on the guy on the last few months led her to this very building tonight. And she was right. What neither of them was expecting was that another group was also trying to rob that same art gallery and in the same night, thus why both of them are now tied up in chairs in one of the back rooms as dozens of paintings are being stolen. It's not like he could have guessed this, but whatever. Lydia is blaming this on him.

He keeps bouncing his leg more rapidly as time passes and Lydia groans loudly. "Would you stop that? It's driving me crazy."

He follows her gaze and looks down, ceasing the movement immediately. "Sorry. Bad habit."