Drabble #5 - "Why are you so annoying?"

Pairing: Stiles/Lydia

Rating: Teen and Up Audiences.

Summary: Lydia wants Stiles' jacket, he doesn't want to give it to her.

Or Stiles and Lydia bicker at a coffee shop.

Tags: Humor, Fluff, Winter

Based on the following prompt from otpprompts on tumblr: "Imagine your OTP sitting in a coffee shop together while the weather is getting colder outside. Person A wasn't prepared for how cold it ended up, with only wearing a sweater, while Person B is bundled up in sweaters and jackets, and is enjoying their hot cocoa. Person A, even if they're a whole other size than Person B, keeps trying to get them to give them a jacket, while Person B just giggles and pretty much teases them about not planning ahead, and finally decided if Person A buys them another hot chocolate and gives a kiss that maybe they'll give them a jacket. Whether Person A agrees, or Person B keeps their word, is up to you."

Dedication: For Eliza, twwolfimagines on tumblr.

xxx

"Why are you so annoying?"

Stiles shrugs his shoulders, smiling at the redhead from behind his mug of hot chocolate, his elbows on the table and his stance relaxed as he enjoys the moment. "It's a gift." Lydia snorts at that. "I don't know why you're complaining, you love it."

"Right, that and I'm hot right now."

"Technically, you're always hot," he quips in response, amused with the situation.

She bends over the small table to slap his arm playfully before bringing her own mug to her lips, taking a sip of her tea and pretending that he's not the reason she's blushing. "You know what I meant."

"Well, it doesn't make it any less true, now does it?"

"Stiles!" She looks at him in false shock because really, she should have been prepared for this.

It's their first year in college and because everyone is studying in different places around the country, they'd promised that the whole pack would get together for the winter holidays. Now it's their first weekend back home, a few days away from Christmas, and Stiles invited Lydia for coffee to catch up but Lydia has heard all about this new Stiles. He has grown more confident with the college experience and apparently he's flirty now, and he's determined to make his move to get her.

Took him long enough.

"You know," she teases, "I still remember the young Stiles who would be a gentleman and help a girl out. What happened to him?"

He leans over the table slightly, wetting his lower lip. Lydia doesn't know whether he does it on purpose or not. "He's right here, smugly saying I told you so." Lydia rolls her eyes and he chuckles. "This is all your fault, Lydia. I warned you that it would be cold today."

She leans forward too. "And since when do I listen to you?"

"You don't. Thus why you're cold right now," he says plainly, "and I'm so, so warm and cozy."

Lydia scowls. "I hate you."

Stiles winks at her. He actually has the audacity of winking at Lydia Martin. "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that."

She responds immediately, ignoring the way he's working her up so easily. "Stiles, I can barely feel my fingertips and I've shivered twice in less than a thirty seconds. I'm freezing to death," she dramatizes. "So can you please, please give me your jacket?" she begs with sparkly eyes and batting her eyelashes at him, cheeks rosy from the cold that started to settle itself on the late December afternoon.