Drabble #16 - "Do you need me to kill someone for you?"

Pairing: Nogitsune/Kira

Rating: General Audiences

Summary: Jirou has some trouble learning how to be social again, but Kira doesn't mind much.

Tags: Humor, Fluff

A/N: Not Stydia this time, guys (although they're mentioned).

Things you need to know about this drabble? It's inspired on this fic by the birthday girl (look it up, she's Ailuk and the fic is called "Chaos never left") and Jirou is Nogi!Stiles after our Stiles literally materialized from the floor. Remember at the end of S3 when there were 2 Stiles? Yeah.

She named Nogi!Stiles Jirou and I'm borrowing the character from her, and she asked for a drabble for Nogi/Kira, so here's a little fluff.

Please admit that Nogi!Stiles never died and that the pack had to use him against a new supernatural threat. Devoid of his malicious powers, he's now on their side. Sort of. Well, getting there.

Because Kira and Nogi!Stiles are both foxes, the attraction is inevitable and things get going from there. They're spending some time together, getting to know each other.

(Again, kudos to Ailuk's amazing fic. You should totally give it a read if you're in for some Nogi!Stiles).

Dedication: For the lovely ailuk on tumblr​, one of the first mutuals I started talking to here on tumblr. Happy birthday, sweetie!

xxxxxxxxxx

"Do you need me to kill someone for you?" he asks nonchalantly as they wander around the mall, two towns away from Beacon Hills not to raise suspicions because of Stiles, of course.

(Stiles is better, thankfully, and that means he finally gets to get out of the house every once in a while but for him to be able to do so, Jirou has to stay put, otherwise chaos would ensue for sure. Going out of town for one afternoon seemed like a good option too.)

"Jirou!" Kira exclaims playfully, mostly in surprise, still a little unused to his way of being him.

(It's not like she meets spirits that are a thousand years old often, specially not ones that turn from bad to good. Or well, as good as they can ever be.)

He snickers at her reaction, giving in to a smirk that makes Kira blush hard.

She's still not used to that either.

"Bad habit, sorry."

Neither is too acquainted with this new side of him, not just yet, even if he's been around for over two months now. It's been lagging enough – understandably - to accept that he's Jirou and not Stiles, so so different than Stiles and that this new side of him is here to stay.

And so is him.

"But do you?" he repeats teasingly, raising his eyebrows suggestively. "I noticed that you seem frustrated about something and I'll let you know that I'm very good at taking care-"

"You noticed?" she interrupts amused, already knowing the answer.

"Okay, I smelled it," he admits, looking down in embarrassment because it's not like he's used to this. He hasn't had to apologize this often for years. "I'm sorry. It's just habit, I can't help it. I'm still not good at separating what's okay for me to do and what's not. It's just... It's hard for me to be this social, let alone polite and all that. It's been literally centuries since I cared to do something like this."

They walk in silence for a few seconds. It's not every day that a (former evil) fox spirit lets show that he's more human than he would ever like to admit, and Kira is not exactly the most social of the bunch either.