Drabble #9 - "You're jealous, aren't you?"

Pairing: Stiles/Lydia

Rating: Teen and Up Audiences

Summary: Stiles finds out that Lydia is jealous and he won't stop until he admits it.

A/N: This is part 1. I'm not sure if there will be only a part 2 or a part 3 as well, but the ending will be posted on December 4th, for Zarish's birthday - stydiasroden on tumblr.

Dedication: For the lovely Belle, kirughyukimura on tumblr. Everyone go her blog and wish happy birthday :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're jealous, aren't you?"

Stiles looks so smug when he says it that Lydia smacks him in the chest, rolling her eyes to make a point. "Of course I'm not jealous."

Like he believes that. "Sure. Whatever you say," he teases, handing her his red cup.

The banshee drinks the rest of his vodka in one swig. "I am not," she says pointedly, getting frustrated.

"Lydia, I can smell you from across the room. Who do you think you're kidding?" Scott interjects, laughing at both of his friends and sitting down on Lydia's other side.

Leaving Stanford for a three-day weekend, Stiles and Lydia made their way to visit Scott at UC Davis and then their family back in Beacon Hills. Right now? They find themselves at a college party that Scott had dragged them to in some shitty dorm where the host is a new friend of their Alpha, sharing drinks while sitting on the couch with Lydia scrunched in between both her best friends, wrinkling her nose at pretty much everything. It's not like she doesn't go to parties at Stanford because of course she does, but they're usually a little more... On her level, she likes to think.

Her problem right now, though, is Stiles. Stiles always goes with her to said parties back at Stanford, and while she's grateful to have him with her, she's not entirely satisfied with the way people look at him - girls and boys alike -, like he's a piece of meat about to be devoured. And okay, she can admit that he's been looking good, really good lately but that doesn't mean that he deserves all this attention. Hell, he's been faring far better than Lydia and that thought is just absurd on her book!

They're equals. At the very least they should be on the same page. With each other, preferably.

No! Wait. She doesn't mean that...

The thing is that at Stanford, no one is gonna call her on it.

Not that she's jealous, obviously.

But alright, maybe sometimes she glares at whoever comes too close to him and some of them actually back away but others don't, so Lydia lets it happen and watches Stiles leave the parties with someone who's not her and doesn't say anything about it like the good friend she is.

And yes, just friend! It's not like she has feelings for him or anything...

Anyway, here? Away from Stanford?

Fuck Scott McCall and his werewolf super senses, seriously! (No offense, of course, bless his soul. She loves her Alpha to pieces, except when he's inconvenient like this.)

Lydia crosses her arms over her chest defensively. "Keep your nose to yourself, Scott, or I'm gonna tell Kira what I found out."

He pales immediately even if he doesn't know what she's talking about. Lydia Martin's threats are not something to consider lightly. "Wh- What are you talking about?" He glances between Lydia and Stiles.