Drabble #13

Drabble #13 – "Do you ever think if people heard our conversations they'd lock us up?"  

Pairing: Stiles/Lydia

Rating: General Audiences

Summary: Stiles is nervous on his first date with Lydia. He has no reason to be.

A/N: I didn't have much time to work on it, but here's a little fluff :)

Dedication: For Matisha, therisingalleria on tumblr. Happy birthday!

[IMPORTANT NOTE: PART 3 FOR DRABBLE #9 WILL BE POSTED ON FRIDAY BUT ONLY ON MY TUMBLR BECAUSE I'LL BE ATTENDING A TW CONVENTION THE NEXT FEW DAYS, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE UPDATE. I'LL ONLY POST ON AO3, FF AND WATTPAD WHEN IM BACK HOME NEXT WEEK, BY TUESDAY. I'M YOU-MAKE-ME-WANDER OVER THERE.]

xxxxxxxxxx

"Do you ever think if people heard our conversations they'd lock us up?"

Lydia chokes on the orange juice she was drinking, and it's just good fortune that she doesn't end up spitting it to his face. "What?!" she asks, sending Stiles a puzzled stare.

He blushes despite himself. "I uh- I was just wondering if people ever hear us when we're talking about the sup-"

"I know what you meant," she hisses, hoping he drops the subject before someone realizes what he was trying to say, a hint of amusement crossing her features nonetheless. Leave it to Stiles to be a nerve wreck when he finally, after so freaking long, scored a date with the banshee of his dreams. "Is that seriously the first thing you're saying to me on our first date? Really?" she teases, and even if she's trying to make it seem playful, she can't help but to be a little nervous too.

"I... I don't know. I was just wondering..." he trails off, looking down at his napkin to avoid her eyes.

Like she'd ever let him get away with it. "We should start from the beginning," she decides rather than continuing a conversation that, she's sure, would be 90% babbling. "You didn't even compliment me, Stiles, and I was so stunned that you didn't that I ended up not saying it back."

She's a little miffed about it, in all honesty, because he's looking incredibly easy on the eyes tonight and especially for her, no less, but she was so dumbstruck when the only thing he said to her when he picked her up was "Come on, we're gonna miss the reservation" because they were already late that she just didn't say anything. It didn't help much that he kept silent the whole ride there, and barely exchanged any words while they ordered.

At the moment they already have their drinks and a few appetizers and are waiting for their food to be delivered to them and Stiles lets out that.

They're off to a great start.

When he proceeds with nothing, Lydia helps. "I'm sure the words you're looking for are You look lovely tonight, Lydia," she teases with a smile.

"Well, yeah..." He's so thankful that she knows how to do this. He sure doesn't.

Okay, he does. He just can't remember what he's supposed to do.

Not his fault.

Lydia Martin said yes.

It's bound to leave a guy nervous. "You look lovely tonight. But you always look beautiful to me, no matter what you're wearing."

Is it okay that she swoons?

She wants to.

The grin she gives Stiles warms him up in ways he never thought possible. "You sure know what to say to flatter a girl," she lets out, her cheeks reddening at his compliment.