Drabble #21 - "I'm gonna lie down and die for like half hour, okay?"

Pairing: Stiles/Derek

Rating: Teen and Up Audiences

Summary: Stiles comes home to a supportive Derek after a bad day at work.

Tags: Established relationship, a little bit of domestic fluff and a little banter, supportive Derek and Stiles is, well, Stiles

Author's note: Another drabble for Sterek. For those of you who want to read it, this is my 2nd time writing for Sterek. Everything you need to know about me, my writing and my view of Sterek you can find on Drabble #10, the other fic I wrote for this ship. You're welcome to check it out.

This drabble can be read as taking place in canon some years in the future, or as an AU. I'll leave it to your imagination :)

Dedication: This fic is more than delayed for the birthday of the lovely Annelies - narrywhatelse on tumblr -, but it's finally here. Happy belated birthday, sweetie. I hope you like it :)

xxxxxxxxxx

"I'm gonna lie down and die for like half hour, okay?"

Stiles doesn't wait for Derek to say anything back, just slams the front door behind him and grudgingly makes his way towards the couch, where he plops unceremoniously facing down and lets out a low grunt, irritated.

From the kitchen, Derek narrows his eyes in suspicion, wondering why Stiles could ever be in such a mood (or at least, why he'd be moodier than usual; it is Stiles after all) but then he remembers that today was Ricky's first day back at the coffee shop after being on medical leave for over three weeks, and if someone's bound to get on Stiles' nerves, and absurdly at that, it's Ricky, so that has to be why Derek's boyfriend stormed into the loft without another word.

The werewolf lets Stiles calm down before saying anything, lowering the temp on the stove and stirring the soup, putting down the spoon before making his way to the living room where he finds Stiles sprawled over the couch, his arms covering his head for drama effect, murmuring lowly to himself curse word after curse word after curse word directed at his blonde, god-looking like co-worker.

It makes Derek purse his lips in amusement not to laugh, a small smile threatening to escape that Stiles just knows is there even though he isn't looking, and good god does it make him madder.

"Stop that!" he spats.

"Stop what?" Derek asks feigning confusion, raising an eyebrow even if Stiles can't see.

Stiles knows that he's doing it anyway. "Stop enjoying this so much, you're making it worse," Stiles mumbles against a cushion, so the sound comes out muffled.

It's a good thing (or rather inconvenient sometimes, honestly, if Stiles were to be asked) that Derek has enhanced hearing. "I thought I was the grumpy one," Derek says, crouching down besides Stiles and waiting for the human to face him.

Stiles sighs audibly and turns his head to look at Derek, hands still buried in his own hair as if he needs to ground himself. "You try to put up with Ricky for a ten-hour shift and not be in a bad mood."

"I put up with you," Derek remarks jokingly, grabbing hold of one of Stiles' hands so that he stops mauling his naturally unruly mane, a nasty habit he has picked up when he's stressed.

Eventually, Stiles gives in and squeezes Derek's hand in thanks and, never losing touch with is boyfriend, turns to lie on his back and stare at the ceiling in contemplation.

(In truth, he does it to ramble. It's one of his favorite past times and they both know it.)

(Derek kneels on the floor just in case it turns out to be a long rant rather than a short one.)