【Short Story】《OSL+SFM》#1

Coldhearted Undergrad

Elias and Eran sat in a study lounge scribbling notes.

They'd only just started when Elias spoke, "I heard you got a girlfriend."

"Yeah."

"... Do you even like her?"

"I don't dislike her." Eran continued his highlighting without looking up.

Elias sighed. "You really shouldn't be in a relationship with those half assed feelings."

"She asked me and I said yes." Eran finally looked up. "What about you? Do you like your girlfriend?"

"Yeah. She's sweet."

"Do you love her?"

Elias paused. He glanced to the side in thought. "...I love who she is."

"...Do you love her as a woman?"

He glanced to the other side. "...We have sex?"

Eran looked down at his notes. "...We're both probably messed up."

Elias followed suit. "As long as they're okay with it, I don't see the problem."

 Elias's girlfriend stood before him with "that look

Elias's girlfriend stood before him with "that look." Here it comes, he thought.

"Let's break up."

He didn't say anything.

"You don't really like me, do you? I know you can't help your expressions and I thought you're a great guy, but I can tell you don't love me."

"Can't I grow to love you?"

She looked at him like the proposition was impossible. "Why would I waste my time waiting for you to fall for me?" She sighed. "You don't even care that I'm breaking up with you."

Not knowing what to say, Elias could only mutter, "I'm sorry."

"Me too."

Elias and Eran sat in the library taking notes

"My girlfriend broke up with me."

Again, Eran spoke without looking up. "It was going to happen."

"She could tell I didn't love her."

"They can always tell."

"What? Did yours break up with you too?"

"No. She said I can grow to love her."

Ironic. "Lucky... You're going to break up."

"When it happens, it happens."

He really is half-assed about it. "We are fucked up. I'm switching to casual relationships."

"There's a girl in lab who's interested in you."

"Which one?"

"Curly hair."

"That narrows it down."

"You can't afford to be picky..." Eran looked up. "Ah, I didn't mean it like that."

"Well, whatever. Either way..." Elias glanced away and caught a guy staring. When Elias noticed him, he looked away. Who is he staring at? Elias stood up, pretending to throw something away. At the trash bin he found the guy staring at Eran. Whether I tell him or not won't change anything. He sat back down. "Hey..."

"What?"

"I'm getting coffee after this. You coming?"

Eran paused.

He really won't go anywhere outside of class with me. "Or I could bring you something back."

"Ah... Croissant."

"Sure."

"Elias!" Elias turned to his side to find a curly-haired girl jogging up to him

"Elias!" Elias turned to his side to find a curly-haired girl jogging up to him. Once she reached him, for some strange reasons she momentarily placed a hand on his arm. Maybe to stop his walking?

"Ah, hey Sienna."

"Are you skipping lab?" She pursed her lips.

"I have permission from another professor."

"Oh..." She looked away. "So... I'll be working alone with Eran today."

"Mei will be there too." She's completely ignoring our other group member.

Sienna hummed. "Mei and I aren't really friends."

You and Eran aren't friends. She's too obvious.

"Then, I'll see you later." She placed her hand on his arm again before turning away.

"Have fun."

"Heh, what is that supposed to mean?" she replied before continuing walking in the opposite direction.

You know exactly what it means. Trying to get close to Eran through me. Just wait until his girlfriend breaks up with him and ask him out, I'm sure he'll agree. Elias walked off, annoyed by Sienna's sneakiness. He also had a feeling that her delusions would only get worse.