【Character Info】《OSL》 #5

Seme/Uke Quiz

WARNING: NSFW
(no pics, just words tho)

Years ago, I remember it being popular amongst weebs to take the Seme/Uke quiz. Turns out the site is still up and running and they've created a new version. For those who don't know, Seme and Uke are tropes in Japanese BL that dictate who tops and bottoms. They're usually based on irrelevant, trivial things like frame size, innocence, and aggressiveness but what I like about this quiz is that it kind of shits on that. Kind of. The few mentions of submission in the questions deal with BDSM kinks (though it does assume subs bottom). And there are no questions like, "Do you get mistaken for a girl/have enormous hands?" and shit so... Mainly, it's a quiz that tells you what kind of partner you are, tropes aside.

Anyway, not only does the quiz tell you what type of partner are, it also tells you your compatibility with other types. So, because I was bored and feeling nostalgic, I headed over and had my characters take the quiz! Let's see what their results are!

I've copied the questions here and the answers they would've selected. In parentheses is their personalized input. First up....

Riley and Eran

1. Mmm... this first question is so gooood.... what does it taste like?
Riley: rich dark chocolate ("I actually prefer milk chocolate but...")
Eran: why am I doing this? ("Why am I doing this?")

2. If you described yourself in one word, what would it be?
Riley: entertaining
Eran: intelligent

3. Your charm point:
Riley: your fun personality
Eran: your ability to get shit done

4. Doing a little shopping, you notice a sexy studded collar and leash set... you immediately:
Riley: buy it, have it gift-wrapped, and get excited when you think of your partner wearing it
Eran: don't usually go for that kind of shit, but could possibly be persuaded to buy it for your partner if they really wanted it

5. You're finding yourself tired and thirsty, you decide to go for:
Riley: a hot mocha latte with whipped cream
Eran: root beer ("Why is coffee not a choice? Fine. I'll pick something I like to drink at least.")

6. Ah, but after that drink you really have to go... The bathroom is crowded, so you decide to:
Riley: push your way in and get the job done ("If I gotta go, I gotta go." 🤷🏽‍♂️)
Eran: I don't use public bathrooms ("I only use the ones at work. But I don't... 😒 pull anything out if there are other people around.")

7. You like to sing! And usually it's:
Eran: I don't sing.
Riley: in the bath

8. Your socks right now:
Riley: striped ("I love stripes. 😄")
Eran: ("I wear black socks. 😐 None of this nonsense. Where's black? Even solid? 😒 I'm not picking this crap.") since he refuses to pick, let's pick Striped because that's the most boring.

9. You've always thought it would be amazingly awesome to be:
Riley: rich ("I do have a history of pickpocketing. Luckily, I married into money. 😈")
Eran: left alone ("Finally, another answer that fits me.")

10. It's good to use your body, yes it is... and you like to:
Riley: lay around ("I was going to choose play with balls since basketball is exercise but I'm still not sure if this quiz means that sexually...")
Eran: ("Beat people up. Where's that choice? This quiz sucks again.") Because that's not a choice, he gets lay around too.