Matthew

I told them everything.

I told them aboot the Maple Warriors, aboot the alliance I had made with the Axis, aboot my plans to kill them. I even told them aboot Gil. Francis was pretty excited when I brought it up. Arthur and Alfred clearly didn't know what to think.

They didn't take very lightly to the whole "Killing them" thing. And I didn't think they would.

"Mattie?" Alfred's eyes were wide and he looked ready to cry. "Why would you do something like that?"

"You just-" I started. "You made me feel so useless, I didn't know what else to do."

"You could have talked to us." Arthur suggested.

"I tried that. All the time. But you guys just shut me down and ignored me." I wailed.

"We didn't mean to, Mathieu." Francis reaches toward me, but I stepped away.

"It still hurts." Tears started up in my eyes again. I never wanted to have this conversation. Not like this.

"We're sorry, bro." Alfred managed to get a hold of me, wrapping my body in a tight hug. I didn't struggle.

"You don't need to forgive me. I don't deserve it." I whimpered into my twin's shoulder.

"Yeah, we do. You're family." Alfred whispered. "And we'll never let you hurt like this again."

"Promise?"

"Cross our hearts." Arthur crossed both sides of his chest, a gesture learned from that one British Sci-Fi show he always made us watch.

"Alright." He said suddenly, running his hand through his choppy blonde hair. "Tell us how we came back to life."