Matthew

"BIRDIE!"

I shot awake to the sound of my nickname and Gilbert's screams.

"Gil? What's wrong b'y?" It was dark but I could hear him crying.

"It's nozhing. Just un nightmare." His crying slowed down and I reached through the dark to touch him. My hand landed around his hip.

I felt him move away from me and get out of bed.

"Gilbert? Where are you going?"

"To zhe kitchen."

"Why?"

"I..." The light in the kitchen area turned on, giving me a good look at him.

His silver hair stuck up on the side and his clothing was wrinkled. Did he fall asleep in his clothes? Did I?

I looked under the blankets. Yep. I was still wearing the red and white hoodie I had on when I died.

I really needed a shower.

I heard a pop and looked up to find Gil chugging an entire bottle of beer.

"Gilbert..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Birdie. It's just a habit."

I got up from the bed, walking toward him slowly. He just stood where he was, mouth of the bottle hovering next to his lips.

I took the beer out of his hand and downed what was left in a single movement.

"Birdie..." He trailed off.

"How much more do you have?"

"About half a box." Gil stammered.

"We're gonna drink all of it tonight." I said.

"B-"

"C'mon."

I opened the fridge and took out all the beer two at a time, setting them on the counter.

"Ve have zhings to do tomorrow. Are jou sure about zhis."

"Yeah bud. 'Course I am." I handed one to him and went straight to town on another.

When Gilbert didn't move to drink it, I spoke again.

"G'head eh? If you don't drink them, I will. I'm not the prettiest when I'm drunk."

"I can't buy zhat. Jou're alvays pretty, Birdie."

I blushed as my albino German boyfriend took a massive sip of the beer I had given him.