Matthew

The following five days were pretty damn mapley.

The three gangs all merged, the members becoming close friends, particularly Francis, Antonio, and Gilbert.

Vlad and Arthur also formed a pretty tight duo.

So when my family showed up at the door to mine and Gil's home as we were enjoying a breakfast of pancakes, I was surprised to see looks of anguish on their faces.

"What's happening?" I asked. The fear must have shown in my voice because Gil appeared by my side, taking my hand.

"Mathieu..." Francis started, his voice choked.

"Papa?"

"We're still Disappearing, Mattie." Alfred pulled up his sleeve to reveal a clear arm.

"I'm not..." I faltered. I didn't notice anything that morning in the shower.

"That's because you found your place." Arthur glanced at Gil gladly.

"There has to be a way out of this. You're already back in the Allies...What more is there?"

I couldn't think straight.

"Apparently it wasn't where we were meant to be." Francis bowed his head sombrely.

"But-"

"Look...Mattie...We only came to tell you that you're the new leader of the Allies." Alfred placed the ring in my hand.

"Alfie..."

"We're spending our last day with family. You 'ave to come with us. Both of you." Francis took my hand. He lead me and Gilbert away from the apartment before the situation could hit us.

When it finally did I was standing in the Allies base with Gilbert by my side.

The whole thing washed over me right then, causing me to collapse, bursting into tears.

They were all going to die.