Matthew

"I called Antonio." Gil told me just as my two parental figures began to glow. "He said Lovino is doing fine and zhat he is whole."

I nodded, glad that I wasn't the only one not dying today.

I walked towards Arthur and Francis, seeing Alfred do the same from the corner of my eye.

"Mathieu, come 'ere." Francis beckoned.

I obeyed, falling into the dissolving arms of the only person I had ever been able to call my father. Tears ran down my cheeks as I did so.

"No tears, si vous plais. I'll die 'appy knowing zhat I raised you to be strong." He whispered.

"Oui Papa." I sniffled, wiping my nose on the sleeve of my sweater.

I moved onto Arthur next.

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have this amazing power. And without that the Maple Warriors would never have excelled." I hugged him. "Merci."

"You're welcome, Matthew." Arthur smiled.

Alfred was next, but I noticed that he wasn't glowing.

I took his hand and pulled up his sleeve.

His arm was all there.

"How-"

"I zhink I know." Kiku said from beside Gilbert. He smiled, something I knew he didn't do much from what Alfred would tell me.

"Apparentry our prace is with anozher person."

"It's too late for us." Francis sighed. "But I'm glad for you both."

With that, the two glowing Ally members faded for good.

I fell to the floor in tears once again.

"Birdie?! Don't cry!" Gil cradled me in his arms, petting my hair.

"It wasn't too late." I sniffled with what little strength I had left. "Couldn't they see that the person they were meant to be with was right beside them?"