Alfred

"Do you have our hotel booked, Francis?" Arthur asked. The three of us still hadn't left the abandoned building with the exception of Francis, who left to find a payphone to call for a place to stay.

None of us had money anymore, aside from the change left in our pockets of course. And that was barely enough to pay for the call to the hotel. Mattie had promised that we could pay Gilbert back once this whole thing was over.

Everything about this situation saw strange. It was like the world had forgotten us already. There was nothing left behind, we had never existed at all.

That made me feel sick. Apparently I hadn't made an impact at all. I wasn't the hero I had always thought I was.

"Oui. And don't look at moi like zhat. I didn't get somezhing overly fancy. We don't want to trouble Mathieu any furzher."

"Thank you...Frog." Arthur growled. I snickered at the two.

"When's he getting here, anyway?" I inquired.

"He said after he gets Gilbert." Arthur answered, straightening his shirt.

"So...No definite answer." Francis ran his hand through his long hair.

"No."

It only took half an hour, though. Matthew knocked on the building's front door three times as was the signal we had previously decided.

"Welcome back!" Francis pulled Mattie into a tight hug and ruffled his blonde hair.

"Papa, Alfie, Arthur, this is my boyfriend, Gilbert Beilshmidt." He announced. A man stepped through the door, his hair was silvery white and his eyes blood red. He was shorter than my brother, but still had an air of dominance about him. I suddenly felt really overprotective of my twin bro.

" 'e looks very lovely." Francis complemented. Arthur didn't have much to say. Actually, he didn't say anything.

"Hallo! I'm Gil." Gilbert stuck out his hand. Francis took it instantly.

"I'm Francis, Mathieu's Papa. Zhe boy with zhe glasses is Alfred and zhe ozher man is Arthur."

Gil smiled at the other two while shaking the Frenchman's hand.

"Right then, shall we head to the hotel?" Arthur asked. The rest of us nodded.

:443":t1O