The Proposal

The Proposal

Chapter 22

Becca's POV

The next day...

  Jesse has this dinner planned for us at the Hard Rock Cafe, but he's being awfully mum about it. Every ten minutes of so, he flashes me a goofy grin. Although it's cute, it's also freaking me out a bit. If he keeps looking at me the way that he is, he's likely to develop the Jesse version of constipation.

  As for the meal, it is absolutely delicious. I got a breakfast style cheeseburger with steak fries and Jesse ordered mac and cheese and onion rings. I always question his order choices, but I usually end up letting him get what we wants. Jesse finishes his last few steak fries and grabs my hands. "Becca, there's a reason as to why I've been acting so strange. It's because I have something very important to tell/ask you." He gets down on one knee and a flashmob pops up out of nowhere.

  "Becca, I love you so much. I have for seven years now and with each passing day, the feeling only grows stronger. You've helped me through my darkest times when no one else would. You are my savior, but I want you to be my wife. So, will you marry me?" 

   Tears form in my eyes as I nod my head to say yes. Jesse looks at me with such adoration as he places the engagement ring onto my finger. The Bellas and Treblemakers cheer and then jump into singing "Celebration." I mean it's only fitting after all, right?

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary