Wedding Bells

Wedding Bells

Chapter 23

The Wedding... a month later

    Becca's POV

   This is it. Today is the biggest day of my life. Today is the day where I finally become Jesse's, forever. I'm nervous, but so excited. I'm ready for everything that the future holds for the both of us. Emily helps me zip the back of my dress and Stacey places the veil over my face. They all smile and say "You look beautiful Becca. Now go make Jesse drool." I laugh as I hug each and every one of them. I'm so thankful that I have the Bellas in my life. 

     My dad meets me at the door with a proud smile on his face, which I return. We then make our way down the aisle hand in hand. Everyone stands up to take in the sight of me. As flattering as it is, I'm very self conscious so it also makes me a little uncomfortable. I try to brush off the feeling as best as I can. I make eye contact with Jesse and his jaw drops. Like literally drops. I wink as he grabs my hands in his. He nods to my dad who nods back before making his way back to his seat.

    The priest begins that famous spiel that I've heard several times before at weddings I've attended for family members and close friends. She then asks us to read our vows. Jesse volunteers to go first. He pulls out a piece of paper and begins reading: 

  " I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together.

With my whole heart, I take you as my wife, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine.

I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always."

   Tears form in my eyes. That was breathtakingly beautiful. I don't know if my vows will even come close to that, but here goes nothing: 

  "I promise to encourage your compassion,
Because that is what makes you unique and wonderful.
I promise to nurture your dreams,
Because through them your soul shines.
I promise to help shoulder our challenges,
For there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together.
I promise to be your partner in all things,
Not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole.
Lastly, I promise to you perfect love and perfect trust,
For one lifetime with you could never be enough.
This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things."

  Jesse looks at me in the way that he does before he tries to kiss me passionately. I adore that look. The pastor asks us to say that magic words "I do." Jesse and I say it simultaneously. The pastor laughs. "By the state of California, you are now husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Cheers erupt through the chapel as Jesse and I share our first kiss as husband and wife. Let those wedding bells ring.

  Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary