Chapter 1: Terrible Two's

"I want it!" Siana balled when I took the barbie out of her hand and placed it on a random noodle shelf, silently apologizing to the poor person who has to put in back in the toy aisle.

"No, Siana Jade." I scolded her and her face twists looking as if I just killed her cat.

"I. WANT. IT." Her scream had people from all over the store looking in our direction. I quickly scooped up my two year old squalling daughter into my arms, placed her in my cart, and made my way to the checkout center, not caring that I forgot the milk and pull ups.

The woman checking me out looked at me with sympathy and I could see the judgment clear in her eyes as she noted my young age.

"Thank you." I smiled softly as I grabbed the groceries in one hand and Siana in my other arm.

Once I got out to my car, I put Siana in the her seat and buckled her as I set the three bags of groceries in the floor under her. I just needed to get home and go to sleep. I groaned as I remembered dad wasn't home to watch Siana, so unless I could get her to take a nap I couldn't either. I love my daughter to death, but she is handful at this point in her life.

I looked at the time and realized I had to be at work in three hours. I'll be okay without the nap I guess.

"Mommy?" I heard Siana's voice came from the back.

"Yes baby?" I answer.

"Can I have chicky nuggs?" I look in the rearview mirror and see her bright smile with her dimples showing.

"Yes baby." I reply and she squeals with excitement. I pull into a nearby Mcdonald's and grab my wallet. I only have a five dollar bill, so I decide on just getting her a happy meal since I didn't have enough for me to eat as well. I'd just grab something from the house when I got home. Once I paid for the meal and she finished eating it, she was out like a light. Her milk was slightly open and dripping into the floor of my car. I made a mental note of needing to clean it out when I got off tonight.

I was proud of my GT. My dad scraped up every penny he could spare for years to get me this. He gave it to me when Siana was born and I have cherished it since, but Siana didn't really understand how to not make a mess.

Just as I was getting lost in the memories of my daughter's childhood, my phone started to ring. I picked it up, and saw it was from dad.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, I'll be a couple minutes late. They just let me clock out." My dad sighed.

"It's fine daddy. I don't have to go in until seven anyway." I reassure him and he sighed again.

"Alright. I love you daughter." he declares.

"I love you dad." I respond.

My dad and I have always been really close; even when I lived with my mom. When my mom found out I was pregnant at 16 without knowing the father, she basically disowned me. When that happened, my dad was the only one there. He has always been so supportive of me and everything I do. My mom, however, barely looks at me when we have Christmas dinner.

I pull into the driveway of our small two bedroom house, collect sleeping child, walked up the steps. After laying her down, I walk back out for the groceries. I look across the road and see a massive moving truck in the parking lot of the large house next door. I send a silent prayer up that there are kids moving in, so Siana can have someone to play with when she gets older.

I walked into the house and unload the groceries into their correct spots. Walking back outside, I grab the new pair of converse my dad bought me and get them ready to be put on for work.

It's really nice outside, so I decide to go out and get some fresh air. Who I see standing on the porch looking at me makes my head spin and my mouth go dry.

"D-Dylan?"