Chapter 6: The Cat's Out of the Bag

*FLASHBACK*

**Dylan's POV**

I board the plane to LA with Carter on my mind. Why would she say that...why would she just give up. That's really not like her. She couldn't have meant all that. How could she have? We were together for two years, and all of a sudden she just gives up on me? I almost start crying again for the millionth time as the same questions go through my mind over and over. I try to get Carter out of my mind by putting in my headphones and listening to music. I finally fall asleep and when we land I look for the guy that is supposed to take me to the hotel and then to the studio.

I see a short girl with black hair. When I say short I mean shorter than me. She wasn't short like Carter short but she was smaller than me. She had on stiletto heels and a short white dress. In her hands was a white card that said my name.

"Hey I'm Charlie," she smiles at me. "Are you Dylan?"

**Present Time**

I hear a soft meow outside my bedroom window. I look outside and see Carter's little white cat, Kitten. I get up and walk outside. The small cat rubs against my legs meowing at me to pick it up. I pick it up and walk across the road to Carter's house. I stop when I see Kieth's truck in her driveway and I kinda smile. It's really good they stayed friends even after he left for college. I hear soft cries and come closer. I know I was eavesdropping but my curiosity got the best of me.

"Okay so you know how I told you I didn't know Siana's dad?" she pauses for a moment, "Well I do. It's Dylan...I didn't tell anyone but dad because I didn't want to ruin things for him. I didn't want him to give up his dreams for me. I didn't want him to come home from working all day at some factory or something, and wish he was on stage having fans scream his name.." she starts crying really hard. "And now he lives next door and I can't keep it from him anymore...I just can't. But if I do tell him he's going to hate me either way. Kieth I just don't know what to do anymore about all this. I want her to have a dad in her life but I'm so selfish. I want him in my life too and I know he won't even want to look at me!" My jaw drops. Kitten jumps out of my hands and I just let her go. Then I hear her ask him what she should do and Kieth says:

"I really don't know... if this were me I'd be pretty angry at you for hiding my daughter from me for the first two years of her life. But I'd also be really relieved that you didn't leave me because you weren't willing to be strong for me. I think you should tell him. It's the right thing to do and in the end of it all it will get worked out. Siana deserves to know her dad, and he deserves to know her. Carter Dylan loved you, and you loved him. He deserves closure...don't you think?" Kieth reasons and I can't believe what I'm hearing. My heart drops to my stomach and my mouth gets numb.

"Carter?" I say and she looks directly at me her eyes wide. She jumps up and says my name.

"I-I can explain" she says timidly

"Where is she?" I ask and she winces

"What did you hear?" Kieth looks pretty angry, but I don't really care.

"Enough." I look at him still not knowing how to react.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I question and her eyes fill with tears again.

"Save the tears and answer my questions." I bark

"Dude, chill. She didn't do it to hurt you." Kieth steps in front of the girl who broke my heart.

"I didn't tell you because I care about you. I didn't want you to resent me for the rest of your life..." She starts.

My anger just swells in my chest and I have no idea what to do. I have a daughter? This whole time I've had a daughter and I've never even met her?

"How could you?" I say and she looks down.

"Mommy!" I look up and see a small girl with dirty blonde curly hair and brown eyes. She looks in my direction and laughs. "Mommy it funny neighbor!"

"Is that her?" i point at the little girl and look at Carter. She nods.

I have never even met her and I already love her so much. It takes everything in me not to just run up to her and hug her and tell her how much she means to me.

"Can I meet her?" I ask not looking away from her.

**Carter's POV**

His eyes are glued to his daughter and my heart swells. He already loves her. I can see it. But my heart breaks again when I remember how mad he is. I know I really screwed up this time.

"Can I meet her?" he questions without looking at me. I throw a questioning look at Kieth, and he nods.

"Of course.." my voice cracks when I answer him. I walk inside and Kieth asks Dylan to wait a minute. I bend down and look at Siana and she smiles.

"What you doing mommy?" She asks, curious.

"Remember when you said you wanted to have a daddy?" I ask her and her eyes light up. "Well you do, and Mommy wants you to meet him." I finish and she looks around

"Where daddy?" all of a sudden I couldn't contain the tears anymore. They just started falling. To distract Siana I point to Dylan.

"There."

Kieth tells Dylan he can go ahead he takes big strides to get to the door. When he opens it Siana runs to him. He kneels and she jumps into his arms.

"Daddy!" she squeals and starts crying. He does too.

"Hey baby girl." he sobs. My knees get weak and I just fall down crying. It's so beautiful that I can't help but cry. Nothing else in the world matters, other than the fact that my daughter gets to know her dad, finally.

When they finally let go, Siana goes to the door and tries to open it. Dylan helps her and she shouts for Kitten. When Kitten runs in the house Siana picks her up and holds her out to Dylan.

"This Kitten. My baby." she smiles and claps when Dylan takes the cat from her. For the rest of the night Dylan and Siana sat side by side just being together. He wouldn't talk to me so I just sat outside crying into Kieth's shoulder. I check the time and decide I should put Siana to bed. When I get up, and go back inside I find the two asleep on the couch. Siana is laying on Dylan's chest and his arms are around his daughter.

"Dylan?" I say quietly. He opens his eyes and looks at me. "I have to put her to bed.." I say and he nods. He gets up slowly and as quietly as possible.

"Where's her bed?" He asks. I lead him back to our room and he puts her in her bed.

When we get back out to the living room and startles me by saying

"I understand.."

I look at him and he nods.

"I would have dropped everything. I would have given up my dream. You were right about that. But you're wrong about me resenting you for it later. Because I was happy wherever you were. I still am. I love you Carter...And I love Siana Jade just as much." the words left him in a rush, but they make me happier than I've been since he left. "I just wish you would have told me. That's what frustrates me. I missed out on two years of her life, Carter. But you can bet I'll be here for the rest of it." he pulls me into his arms and every bit of pain just melts away as I rest my head on his chest.

"I love you.." I sigh

"I love you more, Carter."

A/N

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this chapter like this because I don't know if I like it. Comment what you guys think and I'll take suggestions too.