Chapter 17: Oops

**Carter's POV**
I wake up to Siana jumping up and down on her bed giggling. I look around for what she's giggling at, and soon realize Keith is in my bed sleeping soundly. He has one of his arms wrapped around my waist and the other wrapped around a pillow.

My heart leaps when I look at his face, noticing the smile playing across his lips.

"Morning Carter." He cooed, in a groggy tone.

"Morning Kieth." I smiled towards him as I remember what he told me last night while I was drifting off. I get up and make my way to the bathroom. After doing my morning business I take note of my appearance in the mirror. My long blonde hair was in a knotted mess on the top of my head. I had a few bruises on my face, and a couple scratch marks on the sides of my face.

"You fight like a girl, Charlie." I snarl as I walk away from the mirror.

Rummaging through my clothes basket of freshly washed clothes, I find a grey sports sweatshirt and some nike leggings. I take a quick shower and blow dry my hair a little bit so it's easier to put it up. I leave it in a simple pony tail, and use some concealer and powder to cover up the evidence from the fight last night.

When I walk out of my bathroom Keith is walking out of dad's bathroom with a towel wrapped loosely around his waste and his hair is a mess on his head. His cheeks are red from the heat of the shower and I can't help but to stare. He's always been really attractive to me, but lately I've been taking a lot of notice to it.

He walks toward me and presses me against the door frame of my bedroom. Looking up at him, I can smell the hint of mint on his breath as he looks into my eyes. He slowly brings his hand up to my cheek, moving it to rest at the back of my neck.

"Hi..." I say breathless as he continues to look at me. My mind is telling me to push him away but my heart is screaming for him to kiss me.

"Hey." His lips curve into a cheeky smile. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to kiss you." He whispers against my cheek as he leans in closer and leaves kisses down my cheek bone.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you to." I respond, barely able to force the words out.

He pulls me back into my bedroom and shuts the door, closing us off from Siana and dad in the living room. He urgently lifts me onto my dresser, and grabs my face, kissing me gently. I feel a shiver go down my spine and as the kiss goes on I'm able to relax more into it. He moves my legs apart and rests between them against the dresser. His hands run up and down my back and find their way to my hips. I wrap my fingers around the hair at the nape of his neck, and he lets out a soft moan as I lightly tug at it.

Without realizing it, his towel falls off, and I quickly turn my head.

"Oops." He gushes and we both laugh. Without wrapping it back around himself he slips on some boxer briefs and sweats. After he gets his shirt on he comes back over to me and lifts me off the dresser, leaving a quick peck on my forehead before leaving the room.

I bathe Siana Jade and get her ready for the day. I dress her in a white sweater and some black pants, and boots. I French braid her hair in two braids down the middle, putting a gold headband around her face to keep the stray hairs out of her eyes. She smiles up at me, flashing her dimples at me as I finish cooking our breakfast. I put some jam on a few biscuits for dad and take them to him with a glass of milk.

"Thanks baby girl." Dad smiles up at me for a moment, then looks back toward his t.v. while some old show plays.

"No problem. Wish me luck today. Hopefully I'll find the one." I gush, excited.

"Remember, ask about previous tenants and-"

"I know, dad." I laugh as I cut him off from his lecture.

"I love you, daughter." He looks back toward me, "and I'm so very proud of how far you've come. You've grown into such a beautiful young woman." When he finishes I have a tear running down my cheek.

"I love you, dad. Thank you."

After letting Siana finish her biscuit and jam, Keith helps me load her into the car. It's a rental, until I get my GT back from the shop. It's quite small, but it'll do for now. It's better than nothing. After getting her strapped in he wraps me up in his arms and I melt in his warm embrace.

"I love you, Carter. Good luck today." He says into my hair.

"I love you more. And thank you."

"Come to my place when you get home?" He asks, looking at me with his blue green eyes.

"I'll see if Dylan will take Siana Jade." I smile and he nods, kissing my forehead.

****

After looking at about 10 houses, I'm exhausted. I have one more and I'm really hoping I like it. The others are great, they're just too expensive, or aren't something I see myself living in.

My heart races as I pull up to the address I was given and I can't believe my eyes when I notice it's about three blocks from Keith's apartment and close to where I now work. The apartment also happens to be on the third floor, giving me an incredible view of the city. I wait on the real estate agent to get there so I can have a tour and Siana plays quietly with her barbies in the back. Sandra pulls in next to me and I can see her plaster a smile on her exhausted face. She walks me up to the apartment and makes it very clear that there IS an elevator.

We walk down the narrow hallway to room 408 and when she opens the door I can't believe my eyes. It's completely furnished and is really nice for being so cheap. I only have three other people on the floor with me. It's two bedroom and two bath. The kitchen is kind of small, but I can handle that. Everything is hardwood except the bedrooms and the bathrooms are a dark grey tile. The apartment is beautiful. I absolutely love it. After going through all of the details with Sandra I decide to sign. The only problem being that I'm too young to sign on my own. I need someone to co-sign. I immediately think of dad. But then I remember he won't co-sign on anything for anyone. I quickly dial Keith's number.

"Hello?" He answers after three rings.

"Hey...I found the perfect apartment. I just need you to co-sign for it." I awkwardly laugh as he sighs.

"Now?" He asks slightly annoyed.

"Uhh...yes. Plus side: I live three blocks away." I smile, not caring that he can't see me.

"Ok. I need an address."

"I'll text it to you. Please hurry." I squeal in excitement. I kneel down to Siana and pull her into my arms. "We're making it, baby girl!" She smiles and laughs, hugging me back.

A/N

OMG 90k reads?!? Thank y'all so much for everything! I know this isn't much, and it's boring. But it's something! And it's really cute❤️❤️

Keep commenting! I'll reply to as many as I can so ask away and keep giving your opinions! Also, those who ship Dylan and Carter, don't give up!! There's more to come!!

Comment

Vote

And share!

I love all y'all!

Xx