Chapter 7: Daddy Can I?

**Carter's POV**

I decided to let Dylan come with me when I took Siana to daycare because he wanted to meet her teacher and I needed his signature to be on some her papers. When we got there, one of the moms had brought her teenage daughter with and she recognized Dylan. The teenager ran screaming towards him.

"Oh. My. Gooooooooshhhhh! I love you SO much! Will you take our picture?" The girl shoved her phone at me.

"Sure..." I took the camera and snapped their picture. She then asked me to take another with him kissing her cheek, and I got really jealous.

"Mommy, why dat girl with Daddy?" Siana whined really loudly, pointing at the girl. As soon as the fan heard this, her eyes widened and she looked at Dylan with her mouth hanging open.

"Oh my gosh! You're a dad?" The girl squealed and took a picture of Siana. "She looks just like you!" She marvelled, jumping up and down. Her mom called her name and the girl said goodbye to Dylan. We then went to drop Siana off. After she was checked in, and Dylan's signature was on the papers, we left. I was super hungry, so I stopped at McDonalds and grabbed a McChicken for me, and chicken nuggets for Dylan. We sat in one of the booths and I started with the questions.

"Does that happen a lot?" I asked and he nodded with his mouth full. "Doesn't it worry you that she might show people?" I inquired. He held up a finger and swallowed his food before answering.

"Nah, I'm not worried. Everyone will just think it's a rumor. I just don't want to stir up the media and bring you unwanted attention, so I'm gonna keep Siana on the down low. Don't worry." He reassured me.

Then Dylan's phone started ringing. He checked it and saw it was Charlie. He looked at me, and put a finger up to his mouth, signaling me not to talk. He still hadn't told Charlie about Siana.

"Hello?" He answered, and I heard her angry, high-pitched voice. Dylan's eyes got really big.

"I have to go."

"Is everything alright?" I asked, but he was already jogging towards the door, so I followed him.

"Charlie saw the picture." Dylan stated in a monotone voice.

"Oh..." I murmured quietly. My heart dropped because I know the issues he's going to have with her.

**Dylan's POV**

"You have a daughter? And you didn't think to tell me?!" Charlie shrieked into the phone the second I answer. "I saw the picture, Dylan. It's all over the media. How could you not tell me?" She sighed and hung up.

"I have to go." My heart beat hard against my chest. What am I supposed to tell her? How am I going to explain all of this? I just recently found out...

We pull up to my house and Charlie is sitting on the front porch with a wine bottle in her hand. I immediately get worried because she doesn't drink. Ever. She's never taken a sip around me. When I walk up to her, I can smell the alcohol. She tenses, and slowly looks up at me.

"What's her name?" she slurs, and I sigh

"Siana." I reply as tears well up in her eyes.

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." A tear drips down her face. "I can't have kids, and you already have a daughter. You're nineteen Dylan. You're nineteen, and I can't even have a kid." Her words are slow and filled with pain.

"I'm sorry, Charlie. I just found out myself." The words tumble out as she tries to get up. I try to help her but she drunkenly swats me away.

"Who's the mom? Do you guys still talk?" She questions, but before I answer, her eyes get really wide and she starts laughing hysterically. "Carter! I knew it! Oh, the puzzle is complete! That's why she left." she covers her mouth after saying that and looks at me. "Sorry I didn't mean to-" More tears stream down her cheeks.

"It's okay." I interrupt her. "I should have told you the moment I found out. Carter didn't even want me to know. I found her cat, and overheard her and Keith talking about it when I went to take it back." I explain and Charlie smiles.

"I hate cats." she giggles as I walk her to our bedroom. When she lays down, she drops the empty wine bottle in the floor and kicks her shoes off. "Are you going to leave me for her?" She questions, and I immediately freeze.

"No! What makes you think that? I love you." The words seem foreign coming out of my mouth. I shake the weird feeling off and look at Charlie.

"I love you, too." She whispers as her eyes flutter open and closed. I kiss her forehead, and then she's asleep. I walk back into the living room and text Carter to tell her I'd be over in a minute to go with her to pick up Siana.

**Carter's POV**

"What are you going to do when she's sober?" I question, and he grabs his nose in frustration.

"I honestly don't know, Carter."

"I'm really sorry. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen." I look at him and his eyes are tight with worry.

"This wouldn't be happening if you would have told me in the first place." He snaps and my heart aches. Tears fill my eyes but I blink them away. I'm not going to cry every time he snaps at me.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed. I don't know how to handle all of this." He puts his hand on mine and that familiar tingle shoots up my arm and through my body.

"Daddy! Mommy!" Siana squeals as she runs out of the classroom. She jumps into Dylan's arms, giggling when he kisses her cheek. "Can we get ice cweam?" She looks at him and he looks at me, smiling. I nod and she squeals again. "I want spwinkles and gummy beaws!"

Dylan spends the rest of the day with Siana and I, abiding to her every wish. If she asks for it, he buys it. He was being a typical dad and it made me so happy just being with them. Seeing how in love he was with her filled the hole I've had in my heart since I left him.

**Flashback**

The nurse brought the pink bundle over to me and I cried with joy as I looked at my beautiful daughter. She looked up at me with her brown eyes and smiled. I immediately saw her dimples, which made me start crying harder. I loved her so much already.

"I promise to protect you and be by your side no matter what. I love you so much." I smiled down at her softly as she reached up to touched my face.

"She's beautiful." Dad put his hand on my shoulder and I handed her to him reluctantly. He immediately fell in love with her as she smiled up at him, all brown eyes and dimples.

"Do you have a name for her?" The nurse asked and I immediately knew.

**One year earlier**

"What would you name your son if you had one?" Dylan asked me and I thought for a second.

"I've always liked the name Cole, or Baylor." When I said the names he laughed at me. "What I like the names!" I defended, and he just laughs more.

"You're creative. I've never heard the name Baylor before." He remarks and I slap his arm playfully.

"What would you name your girl?" I ask and he goes deep into thought.

"Siana. Siana Jade Dauzat." He answers after a moment.

"That's beautiful." I marvel at the name.

**Back to Siana's birth**

"Siana Jade." I answer the nurse and she smiles.

"That's a beautiful name."