Chapter 2: The Elephant In the Room

"D-Dylan?" I stumble through his name as his jaw drops as well.

"Carter? It's been ages!" He laughs as he crosses the street and hugs me.

"Yeah.." I stiffly reply. When he lets go, I almost feel my heart sink.

"How have you been?" Dylan asks pretending to care.

"Good." I mumble tears welling in my eyes.

*FLASHBACK*

"Go.." I whisper to Dylan as a tear falls down his face.

"Just tell me you want me to stay." He pleaded, but I wasn't going to ruin his career. I wasn't going to tell him I was pregnant. If I did he would drop everything to take care of us, and I wasn't going to be the one who did that to him. I refused. I loved him to much.

"I want you to follow your dream." I answer, looking away from him. My heart is screaming for me to grab him and never let him go; however, my mind is telling me to keep looking at the ground and keep my composure.

"Carter, tell me the truth." he demands.

"I want you to go! Besides, it won't work anyway. You're famous, but I'm not. The fans will get crazier, and you're leaving for your tour tomorrow. Can we just make this easier for the both of us, Dylan, and face facts?" I stand my ground as I hear his breath hitch in his throat.

"Is this what you really want, Carter?" I hear his voice quiver.

"Yes." I say sternly.

"Okay. I will always love you..know that please..." He says softly kissing my forehead and then he leaves.

*PRESENT TIME*

"What are you doing here?" I inquire, and he looks slightly hurt

"I decided to take a break from fame and come home for a while. Mom showed me this house, and I'm moving in." He answers my question while flashing me his perfect smile.

"How long are you here for?" I ask biting my lip.

"Well, I bought the house." he laughs, and then points at it.

"Oh..." I awkwardly laugh with him.

Just then, my dad pulls in. As soon as he sees Dylan, he gives me a look. He's the only one, other than me, who knows that Dylan is Siana's father. My dad gets out and greets Dylan like he would an old friend. He has always been fond of Dylan, which means my dad didn't approve of keeping Siana from him.

"Hello Mr. Sanns." Dylan smiles at my dad, and hugs him back tightly.

"It's been awhile! How's your career going for you?" My dad questions, honestly curious.

"It's been pretty tiring. After I got off tour, it was meetup after meetup. I'm living my dream, but it's just all so sudden. I needed a good break from it." Dylan states, and then sighs when he's done explaining. As exhausted as he looks, he's still smiling. I've always loved that about him. No matter how bad the situation, he's always able to find the good in things.

"Carter?" My dad looks at me.

"Yeah?" His questioning tone snaps me out of my thoughts.

"He asked how things were." My dad looks at me with wide eyes, hinting at me to tell him what's actually going on.

Everything finally caught up to me in that moment. The father of my baby, who doesn't even know she exists, is standing right in front of me, and he's now my neighbor. I'm going to have to tell him sooner or later. There's no way he won't find out. We live right next to each other! Unless I tell him that he's not the dad, but that wouldn't work because you only have to take one look at Siana and you know it's his baby.

"I have to go." I dart inside leaving both of them dumbfounded. Right after the door slams behind me, I hear Siana cry making me aware of the fact she is awake.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I mumble under my breath as I make my way down the hall to my room.

*FLASHBACK*

A tear fell down my cheek as the father of my unborn child walked into view on the t.v. completely oblivious to the fact he was a soon to be dad. I felt a slight kick and gasped. It was the first of many. I couldn't help but giggle as it happened, noticing that it was when her father started talking. Only to have more tears form at the thought that she would never really know him.

*PRESENT TIME*

I get ready to go into work, and notice Dad is still talking to Dylan. I stall as much as I can before I actually have to face him again, but I have to be at work in ten minutes. I walk out and see a woman standing by Dylan, closely by him, smiling.

"Is this Carter?" she looks at me with slight disapproval.

"Yes. Charlie, Carter. Carter, Charlie." he introduces us. "This is my fiance Charlie." His eyes light up when he says the stabbing word 'fiance'.

"Nice to meet you. I really would love to stay and chat but I have to go to work..." I nod toward them, hug my dad, and get in my car. As I'm driving down the road, I feel a few tears make their way down my cheeks. What is with him? He disappears for two years without a single phone call or text, but then he moves in next door with a fiance? I know I'm the one who broke up with him, but he could have made it a little less hurtful when he rubbed in what I had missed out on.

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry it's short. I'm trying to get to the drama.(: Give me 10 votes and I'll post again. Thanks!