Chapter Five - LunchTime.

In the cafe, Gerald walked in with a plate of food and noticed Arnold sitting at a table alone with Helga. He bit his lip and shook his head. He then noticed Phoebe was sitting on her own and walked over.

She is looked sad but lighten up slightly after Gerald satnext to her. He then asked "Hey, are you OK?"

Phoebe sighs "A bit...I haven't seen much of Helga today though"

"I know what you mean"

"I mean, she's been spending so much time with Arnold lately. I know there's a rumour going round but she would have told me if it was true. She's my best friend"

"Yeah, well Arnold's mine and I asked him earlier and he said nothing is going on between them but judging about how close they are...I'm just not sure if I believe him"

Then Lila looked over from her table and spotted Arnold and Helga laughing but the funny thing was, she felt something. Almost like jealousy but she felt it was because maybe if the friendship Arnold and Helga have and she's so used to having Arnold near her, talking to her and she just hasn't seen him today.

Lila left the table which had Rhonda, Nadine and Sheena. She walked over to Arnold and Helga's table. "Hey Arnold! I haven't seen you much today" Helga looked annoyed at Lila's presence while

Arnold replies "I know, I've just been hanging out with Helga today"

"That's just oh so nice! Hey, I was wondering if you could actually come over to my house later after school to answer them Maths problems with me"

Helga gulps knowing Arnold was about to forget their trip to the ice cream parlour and go with Lila. It was good while it lasted but now Lila had cast her spell and was about to have Arnold back but she was surprised when he says to Lila "Actually, I have plans with Helga after school today. Maybe another time?"

Lila's smile faded slightly but replied "OK" before she walked back over to her table. Helga had biggest grin on her face as she thought to herself "Arnold rejected Lila for me!!" Phoebe got up to clean her tray while Gerald who had watched the whole scene put his head in his hands and shook his head "Oh lord help us! Arnold is in love with Helga G Pataki!"