Chapter Seven - Over?

The next day, Helga got on the bus and walked past Arnold completely ignoring him, as Arnold did to her. She sat next to Phoebe. Phoebe wanted to ask Helga why she wasn't sitting next to Arnold but cod tell by Helga's face she didn't want to talk about it.

Gerald thought the same when he got on except he did ask Arnold what was up with Helga. Arnold replies "We had a fight" and that's all he says.

They ignored eachother in lessons and even at break. But Arnold started to feel guilty and felt sad when he remembered the nice time he had with Helga, even if it was only for a short period. He then decided to attempt to make amends.

He walked up to Helga who was at her locker and he stuttered "Look Helga. I am truly sorry about last night. I just...I am sorry" Helga was still hurt and slammed her locker door and walked away. Arnold sighed and walked away too.

Everyone watched that little event as Nadine said "Gosh guys! I think Arnold and Helga have broke up!"

They all mutter until Stinky says "If Arnold and Helga are finished then that means that "MatchMaker" app isn't really true!"

Rhonda got offended and tried to take defence "No! This app is great! It's 100% accurate!"

But everyone muttered in disbelief leaving an angry Rhonda. Sid gasped with happiness "This is great! It means I am not going to go out with Patty!"

Harold was also pleased by this news and ran down towards Patty. He smiled at her "Hey Patty! How's it going? I am feeling great and stuff and do you want to go to the Ice Cream parlour after school with me?" Patty raises her eyebrow but smiled and said "Sure"

Helga was walking along the hall until she decided to hide behind the vending machine. Helga put her hands in her pockets and pulled out the scrunched up picture of Arnold. She unscrunched it, flatten it out and looked at the picture. She soon felt guilty and reliesed this happens a lot, that you like like a person but they only
like you.

She also thought to herself "He may not like me like me now but that can all change in the future I guess and right now, we can still be friends" She smiled while putting the picture back in her pocket and went to look for Phoebe.

She then pulled Phoebe aside and told her to give Gerald a message to give to Arnold. Later, Gerald whispered to Arnold in class "Psst! Hey Arnold! Helga asked Phoebe to tell me to tell you to meet Helga in the park straight after school today"

Arnold shrugged and asked "What for?" But Gerald says "Beats me buddy" Soon the bell goes for the end of the school day and Arnold replies "Ok then"

Arnold got up and was about to leave when Gerald stopped him. Gerald turned to him with a crocked smile "I-I'm sorry, buddy"

Arnold looked at him confused "What for?"

"For...just...not supporting your friendship with Helga...but you gotta admit, it did look weird since she used to hate you. And I should've known you two never had a thing..."

"I know Gerald. I would've told you anyway. Your my best friend"

"Same here bud!"

They smiled and twiddled their thumbs before they left. Arnold headed for the park.