Chapter 2

"That wasn't part of the deal!" Amber growled out as she thrust her arm towards Alex sending her flying towards the wall with a loud thud.

She hit the wall and slid down before standing up slowly and wiping the blood from her mouth. She then took slow calculated steps towards Amber and my wolf didn't like it and growls emitted from deep in my chest.

"He is the reason you were in pain, the reason you needed me to numb out your wolf. I am not going to fight you, I am here to help you as you said you will help me." Alexis said as she was a couple of steps in front of my mate. My growls ceased as what she said registered in my head.

Amber's shoulders slumped as she nodded at Alexis before they engulfed each other in a hug. The invisible restraints that held us down suddenly lifted and my body was freed. I quickly jumped up and ran to my mate wrapping her tightly in my arms as Derek did the same with Alexis.

Amber hugged me back as well but Alexis pushed Derek away and flashed her eyes at him as if to scare him. Derek whimpered at the loss but he was quickly shushed as my mate left my arms to hug her three brothers.

Alexis stood awkwardly as she felt out of place in this reunion. I took this opportunity to ask her who she was and what she was doing with my mate.

"I am a friend who has helped her out when she needed help." Was all she said as Amber walked back to us

It confused me as she was avoiding eye contact with me and completely ignored my presence as if she wasn't just hugging me two minutes ago.

She pulled Alexis off to the side as her eyes started blinking from golden to her natural brown color. Why is she fighting with her wolf?

Suddenly Alexis raised her hand and a small dark cloud formed over Amber's head before disappearing into it. This only made me even more confused as her eyes immediately stopped changing colors and she seemed to relax a bit.

What the hell is going on? I decided to ask my wolf

Well, it seems our mate is trying to hide her heat from us.
My wolf replied

Heat! She is in heat? I asked taking a whiff of the air but getting nothing in return

Yes you dip stick she has been in the heat but she is using magic to control it. He answers back

But why? Does she not want us to fully mate? I questioned only to be answered with silence

"So are we going home now?" Jay asked

"You have no idea how much we have missed you." Jordan chipped in

"Not to mention the new changes in the pack," Derek mumbled thinking she couldn't hear

"What new changes?" Amber asked with a confused look on her face as she immediately shifted into Alpha mode.

"Well it's easier if we just show you." The twins said in sync while looking at me

I only shrugged as I walked towards my mate to hold her in my arms once again. She completely avoided me and acted as if I wasn't there, she walked around me and went to Alexis. I whimpered at her but she ignored that too.

"You are my brothers mate so you will have to come with us and join my pack." She said to Alexis while Derek's eyes filled with hope.