Chapter 11

I got home and was immediately swarmed in warmth and hugs by my pack. I smiled at being around everyone again, my wolf was more at ease knowing her pack and family were safe and no one was hurt.

They threw a party in my honor, for returning home in one piece. Dylan of course felt bad all over again and I had to remind him that I left on my own free will. There was no way he was gonna stop me from leaving willingly. After a few more comforting words and me telling him to enjoy the party he went and started mingling.

I enjoyed the party and thanked everyone for the surprise before going upstairs with Jose and sleeping as soon as my body hit the bed.

When I woke up I left Jose asleep in bed while I went to work. I was kinda behind on my paper work with Jose and all the other distractions lately. So I started doing that to try and keep myself busy but one thought never left my mind. No matter how hard I wanted to forget it or let it slip away it didn't and as Alpha I couldn't.

I mind linked John and asked him to come to my office after he was done with his shift. I got nervous and impatient as it feel like every minute passing was an hour. Finally there was a knock on my door and my heart skipped a beat at what was to come.

"Come in" I said after taking a breath to collect myself

"You wanted to see me Alpha?" John asked.

"Yes, take a seat please." I said gesturing to the chair in front of my desk.

He sat down and immediately started fidgeting with his hands a nervous habit. He looked down at his lap and glued his eyes to his hands.

"John, look at me please." I asked kindly trying to handle this properly.

He hesitated at first but eventually looked me in the eyes. He looked about ready to explode with guilt clearly written in his eyes.

"Now I'm pretty sure you know why I called you here am I right?" I asked him gently.

He only nodded as a response still unable to say anything. He still didn't continue to look at me, only kept his eyes locked on his hands.

"So now I would like to hear your side of the story, I don't want to automatically judge you by what he said. So as your Alpha I deserve the truth." I said putting my elbows on my desk and interlocking my fingers together.

He nodded and swallowed nervously before clearing his throat and starting.

"Well before my family and I found your pack we traveled with a small pack of rogues. Drake, well I wouldn't say Drake was the Alpha but he was the main leader. He would hardly let anyone else make or help make any decisions at all." He shook his head slightly with anger written on his face as he remembered his past experiences.

"He was very aggressive and when my family and I tried to leave not wanting to continue moving around, he took my wife and tortured her in front of everyone, he killed anyone who tried to help her. He almost killed me because I wouldn't stop attacking him and getting his attention off of my mate. If Abigail wouldn't have yelled daddy I wouldn't have stopped, she would have lost her daddy that day."

He explained as the anger that was there vanished and tears welled up in his eyes, he paused for a minute before shaking his head as if trying to get rid of the memory. My heart tightened at the thought of Abigail being by herself if she hadn't spoken up out of fright.

"Derek, he.. He noticed that I reacted to Abigail. He then grabbed my baby girl and threatened to torture her. He said if I don't do what he wants when he wants it then I might as well kiss my daughter and mate goodbye. " He continued the sadness gone and anger once again clearly seen on his face.

"I am so sorry you and your family had to go through that. I am also sorry that I am making you rethink about it but I have to know. Derek mentioned that you kept him informed on me for week or so then you just stopped no more information. What made you stop informing him?" I asked leaning back into my chair slightly more relaxed as his explanation made sense.

"When we first joined your pack we didn't trust you Alpha. We already had bad experiences with previous leaders and we didn't know if you were the same as the others. I kept informing Derek as a safety net for me and my family. That was just in case you were like every other Alpha we came in contact with. I had to watch out for my own at the beginning and I had to do what I had to do. " He looked at me for a reaction but I made sure to leave my emotions out until he was finished.

He sighed, swallowed again then continued.

"After just a week of being in your pack and realizing you were different I knew there was no need for the safety net. I also saw how you treated us and other rogues, what really changed me was how you were with Abigail. She didn't belong to you or even started in your pack but you still took her in as one of your own. You treated her as if she was your daughter and that's what made my decision to stop informing Drake."

He looked at me for any sign of anything I guess. I just sat there taking it all in and imagining what they all must have felt.

What do you think? I asked my wolf

I think he was justified. I mean he had to do it to protect his family until he realized that we could protect him. She responded

I agree, he was justified and in the end chose to trust us over fear. You know how hard it is to trust someone when your afraid.

I do, in previous life's I've had experiences with fear and trusting and I failed multiple times. He did the honorable thing and trusted us, now I'm not saying we should just forgive him and not think about it again. We should keep an eye on him just in case.

Cutting off the connection to my wolf, I focused on John.

"I understand, I would have probably done the same if I was in your position. This does not mean that you are completely off the hook. I will be keeping an eye on you until I feel I can fully trust you once again. I don't want this to get to your family, so as long as you don't say anything this stays between us, deal?"

He nodded and bowed down, I dismissed him and as soon as he closed my office door I let out a heavy sigh. Leaning back into my chair I covered my eyes with my hands and just let my mind drift.

Trying to relax I took deep breaths to calm my racing heart. My mind drifted to how bad things have gotten these past couple of days. Everything that has happened and how it affected my pack severely. Then I started thinking about how strong my pack is to survive everything so far. Then how Jose came into my pack with his. He tried everything to make sure I was still with him.

I loved the way he fits perfectly with me in everything possible. How perfect his body is and its all mine. I miss his lips on me, I miss his warmth his body gave me. I also miss how...

My door opened and I was brought out of my thoughts. I uncovered my eyes and saw my mate looking at me as he closed the door.

" I did knock, you didn't answer. I.... I felt you thinking about me." he said his eyes slightly darker than usual.

This should be fun my wolf said

8$+"×|×|°=•{¥}¢×~Π'¥¥•=¥{÷£}'=®[®[®℅™'°|÷€{€=€℅¥{®℅©^'^=€[¥℅¥°€°€℅€°£°¢°€Π€¶¥}=£℅¢^©°€=•=•[£={©=€=€=¥=¥=¥×

Hell on my lovelies, I am so sorry for the long wait but I have been through a lot of stuff. It was just a bunch of drama and I finally got through it.

Hope you like this filler cx

Love you guys for sticking with me cx

As always

Vote

Comment

Be awesome

Love ~ Mrs.Payne