Chapter 14

After dressing in the traditional white dress for the ceremony I went to find check on the ceremony things. Looking for Jose on my way to the back yard I noticed a lady staring at me as I walked. She was from Jose's pack, and she looked to be an older female.

Maybe in her late thirties or early forties but of course with us were wolves you couldn't tell exactly. She didn't look angry she actually looked curious as if she wanted to ask me questions.

This confused me because I had never even seen this women. She did have some sort of power radiating off of her but for females its always hard to tell what rank they are. Ignoring her, I continued my way to the yard checking the food as I went through the kitchen. It smelled amazing and my stomach growled as my mouth watered. Ignoring my body's reaction and the slight giggles from the women that heard it I smiled and continued my way to the yard.

I received a few head bows and "Alpha" as I walked by. Usually it was just Amber but the other pack was here so they used a more formal approach. I let it slide because the other pack already thought my pack was weak. Imagine what they would say if they didn't call me Alpha.

Bowing my head back slightly I finally slid the doors open and stepped outside to see the stage and chairs were almost done being set up. Looking over everything I spotted someone I haven't talked to in a while and made a bee line for her.

"Hey Melissa, how have you been?" I asked as I got closer to her.

She turned around and smiled widely as she threw her arms around me in an embrace. I wrapped my own arms around her as she started talking about missing me. Then started talking about her mate, this made me smile.

"So how are you and Nick?" I asked pulling away from the embrace.

"Well he wants me to move to his pack but I just don't know." She said as she started playing with the dress she had on.

"What's wrong? That's a good thing, he's your mate and he won't ever hurt you." I said grabbing her hands and her attention

"I know, I just don't want to leave you. You make me feel safe and I don't want to leave that comfort." She said looking me straight in the eyes.

"Did Nick do anything to make you feel scared or uncomfortable?" I asked getting serious quickly.

Nick didn't seem like the type to do that but then again you never really know what stress can do to a man.

Melissa quickly shook her head as she corrected me and said

"No, no he makes me happy and never does anything thing without asking permission first he's really a gentlemen. Its just... Well you saved me and he's a man who might change, you never know. What if he gets mad at me or drunk one night and he takes it out on me? Or what if his wolf takes control and he gets really aggressive?" She said as she started breathing faster and I could hear her heart beat start to pick up.

"Melissa, Nick is a good man, he would never hurt you. If you do go live with him I will still be here for you to visit. Just because you leave doesn't mean you can't come back, you will always be welcomed here. Besides me and Nick have a treaty and we are friends so he shouldn't have a problem with it either." I said shrugging at the last sentence and smiling in encouragement.

She smiled and engulfed me in a hug before releasing me and informing me she was going with him after the ceremony as long as that was okay with me.

I nodded and told her I would have the twins escort her to Nicks pack to ensure she made it safely.

She thanked me and gave me a hug before happily walking away. Smiling I walked around the stage, that was almost finished, to a tree and quickly undressed myself before shifting. My wolf was happy to be released and immediately started running.

I did a run around the boundary and checked on the members who were on watch. After making sure everything was okay, I headed back to the pack house.

Half way there the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I felt someone watching me. A growl ripped through my wolfs chest in a warning to whoever it was. I stopped and turned around, sniffing the air I caught a scent that made my wolf quiet down and get excited.

Chocolate and woods! I swear I would never get tired if that smell

I followed the scent and Jose realized I caught on so he came out of the bushes he was crouched behind. I instantly put my head in his neck and relaxed as I inhaled his scent. He rested his on top of mine and we just stayed there, content in each others presence.

Realizing that the sun was almost down, I left Jose and started walking back to the pack house, only stopping to see if Jose was following. He tilted his head to the left slightly in confusion before realizing what I meant. I turned back around and started jogging to the pack house.

Jose was close on my tail the entire time. Once we reached the back of the pack house I went to where I left my clothes and quickly shifted back. After getting dressed I walked out and came face to face Dylan.

"Alpha" he said bowing his head down

"Dylan" I said repeating his action.

"Everything is in place we are just waiting for you and the other Alpha to take your places." He said as we walked to the stage.

I nodded and thanked him as we both walked onto the stage were my brothers were already in their places. Smiling and hugging them I turned to face both packs.

Let's do this I linked to my pack.

-$;%+'('(('-"-$;$;$(%;'++';"+'(%;;+"(("(?*!;";"+%(;%(%+%

Okay my lovely readers, how is everyone doing?

Hope you like this chapter CX

As always

Comment

Vote

Be awesome cx

Love~ Mrs.Payne 😍