Chapter Five

Amber's POV

Amber's POV

"Can I talk to you?" He whispered in my ear.

Not even sparing him a glance I started walking away from the kitchen where my pack was eating together to welcome Alexis into the pack.

Once we were far enough from nosy wolves I turned to him.

"You have five minutes" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest showing him I was all business.

"What did I do wrong? I mean I know I shouldn't have reacted the way I did when you said you weren't leaving your pack but c'mon, you are my mate and I had just barely got you comfortable enough for us to mark each other and then you refuse to come with me. What was I supposed to do?" He asked his eyes pleading for a way to fix this.

I didn't respond because he should know what he was supposed to do. I mean he's an Alpha too and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't leave his pack. Well he didn't leave his pack he brought it with him. Now that I think about it, it was a very smart plan to just combine the packs together.

"Okay fine just tell me what I can do to make it up to you. I mean I want to be with you,only you. Usted es mi vida y no quiero vivir sin ti no puedo vivir sin ti. Please I'll do anything mi reina." He pleaded as he placed a hand on my arm.

I sighed softly uncrossed my arms and took a bold step towards him making his hand slide off. His face showed his surprise and his hope taking this as a good thing.

Placing one of my hands on his face I looked him in the eyes before saying what I truly believed.

"You wanted me to leave the only family I have because you are an Alpha male and I your mate. instead of talking it out and coming to a conclusion together like mates should because we are equals, you just left. It didn't matter to you that I was an Alpha as well with my own pack to consider. You weren't thinking about me at all and that's what mates do, put each other first and care about each others well being. If you would have thought about any of that you would have realized me leaving was not going to be an option. How would you react if the roles were reversed? "I questioned he opened his mouth as if to say something then closed it as he either thought better or knew I was right.

"So with that being said, I don't think there's anything that you can do to make it up to me." Then I walked back to the kitchen with the rest of my pack. I once again rested my body against the door frame and watched my pack, my family, laugh and smile as they enjoy each others company.

How could he expect me to leave this behind? To just up and leave them when they need me and I needed them?

"Amber?" I turned to face Dylan as he walked to the doorway where i was currently at.

"What did he say?" He asked using his head to gesture where me and Jose just finished speaking.

I smiled at him and placed my hand on his shoulder.