Chapter 8

Seth's Pov.

Something seemed a bit off with Landon and his other friends like they weren't human, looks like I'll have to scope out the land. But Zoe seems to be happy she's met a new friend I think her name was Jewel or something like that as well as Ron who I've been told is gay, huh.

Landon's (mystery) Pov.

After school had finished I said goodbye to the newbies and Jewel while Ron and I went to the woods, we called a pack meeting Ron's my beta and Tyler's my third in command. I discussed with the pack (there only being 10 of us) about the new family in town, 2 vampires, a werewolf hoping he's like us and a vampire but not fully at the same time. It was decided to just observe and see what they are like to see if they're a threat or not. The other members in my pack are Harry, Dylan, Shelley, Lydia, Crystal, Brooke and Emma. We come from an ancient tribe in which the werewolf gene had been dormant for decades until just a few years ago when a vampire travelled through our town myself and Lydia were first to shift being descendants of Alphas and twins we shifted at the same time.

Next was Ron then Tyler, Shelley, Harry, Brooke, Emma, Dylan and Crystal (she just joined a couple of weeks ago), though only five of us are Seniors myself, my sister, Ron, Dylan and Shelley while Tyler is a sophomore with Emma, Harry is a Junior as for Crystal and Brooke are freshman. Most of the pack is hoping when I turn 18 next week I'll find my mate and Luna, most wish it to be Jewel and so do I.

Zoe Pov.

I'm so happy I've made new friends, Jewel wants to introduce me to some more of her friends one being Landon's twin sister, oh it's so exciting more friends though it's a bit disappointing that I can't tell them about the supernatural.

~Next Morning~

I woke up to Seth already dressed and eaten, weird normally I'm the one who has to wake him up, never mind. I decide to where a strapless, knee length white dress with my leather jacket and brown combat boots. Styling my hair in a side braid I grab some toast and hope on the back of Seth's bike. We agreed to take turns on each other's bikes as we tied in the bet yesterday, I left my bag at school in my locker so it would be easier to go to class. Arriving at school was easy as Jewel rushed over and yanked me off Seth's bike so I could meet her friends.

Seth quickly kissed my forehead before joining Landon and Ron on the football field, "Earth to Katherine, Kat!" "W-what?, I must of zoned out sorry." Shaking my head, turning my full concentration to Jewel "It's alright, anyway these are my friends Lydia and Shelley. Guys this is our new friend Katherine," They smiled and spoke hi, I smiled back and giving a small wave, "So are you dating the other new guy or just friends?" Lydia gave a sly smile, "Well he asked me to be his girlfriend a few weeks ago, so I guess we're dating." Giving a shy smile the girls started giggling and squealing at how cute we are together.

After showing each other our schedules we headed to class before lunch, some I had with Seth where he told me about making friends with Landon and the other guys. Seth was quickly dragged me to the field just as lunch began he wanted to discuss something with me, "Seth what is it, if we spend too much time away it might seem suspicious." Narrowing my eyes, "I know but I need to tell you there are other werewolves here and I think Landon and his sister are ones." "Well I don't know but I'll keep watch tonight we'll go searching for clues just to confirm." Seth nods his head and takes my hand as we walk to the cafeteria for lunch.

~ later that night ~

We're trudging through the woods hoping to find some information about the apparent werewolves, "Seth can we rest for a bit I'm tired, we forgot it's bed time for me." Seth looks at me "I thought it was tomorrow," he picks me up so I can rest while he searches "hm being part human, part vampire does that to me." "I love you Zoe" "I love you too Seth." Giving a quick kiss he continued through the woods, suddenly we heard a crack placing me down Seth and I glanced around trying to find the source. Looking at Seth for a second, I turn my head back to the woods to see glowing eyes.

Seth and I growl as a warning not noticing other wolves surrounding us, standing back to back we prepare to fight if need be, one tries to bite me but I move quick enough that it doesn't though it seems to upset Seth as he transforms into his giant wolf form his towering over the other wolves. He stood there for a bit staring at one of the wolves, they must be talking it took a while but the wolves and Seth went behind trees to change into their human form. Seth is first to emerge heading straight to me, I place a quick kiss under his jaw and lean my head onto his chest "So what happened? You know I would transform with you but I'm tired." I asked only half concentrating, "Well good news they've agreed to talk to us but I'm still not sure on their identities." Nodding my head I soon heard them slowly come towards where we stood, it took a while for them to come into the light but when I did the pack was not who I expected. At the head of the pack was Lydia and Landon followed by Ron, Tyler, Shelley, Harry, Dylan, Brooke, Crystal and Emma shock kinda just flowed through my body and it took a minute to register but as it did, I looked at Seth for help even though he did the same looking at me.

When they looked up, shock washed over their faces as we'll not expecting it to be us, the new kids in town Katherine and Ethan. "K-ka-Katherine, E-Ethan w-wha? W-why?" Seth and I glanced at each other so I spoke to him telepathically 'uh should I speak or do you wanna talk me big bad wolf?' I raised an eyebrow at him, he looked at me and spoke 'well uh could you speak please..' Pleading with his puppy eyes, 'ugh fine but only because I love you.' I look back at the pack of were-wolves? "Um I know this  may come to a shock but uh we aren't just the new kids." I should be in bed not standing nervously wondering of they'll let us live, it took a while but Landon finally spoke up "Well shock doesn't beginning to cover it would you mind explaining why Ethan here is a wolf and your something." Sighing I begin to talk, "First we should tell you our real names I'm Zoe Hale-Cullen and this is my mate Seth Clearwater, I'm half vampire and half human with the gift of thinking and magic. Seth is a shapeshifter an my parents are Rosalie Hale and Emmett Cullen they're vampires, we came here in hiding from a coven of vampires called the Volturi. Any questions?" I try to smile.

The pack look at each other soon Lydia is to be speak, "Your running from the Volturi. Huh so your the prophesied couple that are to hold great power a wolf who is mated to the most powerful and beautiful dhampir in the supernatural world." Seth and I glanced at each other, "you know about the Volturi and what do you mean supernatural world?"  Landon then spoke "Well unfortunately everyone knows about the Volturi and the supernatural world there's heaps everywhere, different werewolves, vampires, witches all sorts in America the four big known supernatural towns are Forks, Washington State, Beacon Hills, California, Mystic Falls, Virginia and then there's the Winchester brothers supernatural is found wherever they go. Theres London which is full of demons, shadowhunters, wizards, witches warlocks, vampires, werewolves, ghosts all sorts of freaky supernatural creatures. That's just the big living areas for our kinds here in Australia we call vampires by different names you my dear is known as Dhampirs and your parents a purebloods while your boyfriend over here he's a beta, so I wonder where's his Alpha?" I start thinking and then it comes to me he must mean Jake, "oh you mean Jacob Black he's Seth's  Alpha though he's hiding/living in London with my cousin Renesme." He smiles and we chat with the pack for a while before heading home to bed where a nice comfy bed welcomes my need for sleep. It looks like everything will turn out just fine, I smile dreaming of one day living in peace with all my family.