Chapter Seventeen

It's odd because the attention Property of a Gordon has gotten is bouncing off onto His Experiment and this story, and I didn't realize it until now. So there's quite a few more of you reading this than I thought, so thank you :) Enjoy the chapter!! PERSISTENCE OF A GORDON, do y'all like this title for Calyx's story?

Chapter Seventeen

Ever since Prince Gordon's surprise, the smile on Kai's face had not left. Even now, as we danced to the leisurely music the orchestra played for us, I could feel the smile in the crook of my neck.

His soft laughter fanned across my skin, infecting me with a smile of my own. "I'm so happy our village is getting rebuilt, südame. It'll be a memorial for our leap," he said softly, and I nodded in agreement, resting my cheek on his.

"So am I, Kai," I started, feeling his smile grow. "It will be the perfect place to begin our own little leap."

I could hear his chest rumble in agreement with me before my head found its way to his shoulder. It was then I saw Prince Gordon, my päästja.

He was currently talking to a slim female, one who smiled at him, although it wasn't as genuine as Kai's. Her eyes kept flickering around the room as if she would rather be elsewhere.

Prince Gordon's stance was both still and slightly awkward. His facial features looked cold in comparison to hers, as if he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing.

A frown settled across my face at the sight. I could fathom why it was so hard for him to be himself around others. Every time he was in public, he closed himself off and hardened his body.

However, around me, it was the opposite. He would allow himself to relax. He was never stiff or awkward, but kind and sweet. He would even smile, something I do not think he knew the definition of at this moment.

Kai turned us both to the music's sound, taking Prince Gordon out of my view with the movement. I then found myself listening to Kai's heartbeat.

It was strong and steady, as it should be. I could hear it pound against my ear, soothing me with its constant pressure. I felt my eyes closing, the sound my guide.

His chest began to rumble beneath me, my smile immediately returning. I had not realized it, but my hand had drifted to his back and began running absentmindedly up and down it. It had been the catalyst for the strong purr running within him.

The sound itself thrilled me because I knew shifters didn't purr for just anyone. They purred for those they felt comfortable around, for those that they placed deep within their hearts. They only purred for their loved ones, when in blissful moments.

"Kai?" I said softly, my eyes opening as something swelled within me. I didn't know what it was, but it was the main reason I needed his attention at this very moment.

I could feel his lips on my hair as a response before I began talking.

"I want you to know I could not imagine my life without you. You are my anchor, my lumeleopard, and my armastatu. Without you, I would be lost in a world filled with dangers.

I know I am not as ready for our relationship as you are; however, I do love every minute of it. Even if I do not show it."