Chapter Twenty Six

For those confused as to why SNOWFLAKE is not kind to IVY let's remember that Snowflake generalized even Kendall at first. She didn't like him, not only because of what was happening to her but also because he was human. She felt he was only a "mere human" and nothing more at the beginning. She also generalized him for being a Prince, calling him arrogant and whatnot. Yet, she was surprised by him several times and even grew to love him. That being said, in the first story when Kendall's father was explaining the war, Snowflake called shapeshifters cowardly leaving during the war. Therefore, Snowflake generalizes Ivy in with this group. It's something she does naturally and it doesn't make sense for her to immediately like Ivy. Just because Snowflake doesn't trust her kind doesn't mean she won't give Ivy a chance. She did give Kendall a chance, didn't she? She's allowing Ivy her chance right now, by talking to her. If Snowflake were truly and completely against Ivy, she would be standing outside with Martin.

Chapter Twenty Six

She walked faster than usual, however, she still held a beauty in her footsteps. She reminded me much of a graceful yet dangerous cat rather than a wolf.

We didn't stray far from the first room we had entered before she opened a pair of elegant doors, gorgeous in appearance. She didn't turn her head or acknowledge my presence, but simply walked in. I hesitated but followed behind right before I was enveloped by darkness.

My vision shifted, revealing a personal office of sorts. It held two stiff chairs in front of a grand, dark desk. I watched as she opened the curtains, allowing the moon's light to stream in.

Beyond the window and outside, I could see the most beautiful garden. We had once grown one within the village, yet it dulled in comparison with this one.

"Cayne says you're thinking about turning tail and leaving," she said bluntly as she glanced out the window before taking a seat in the large chair behind the desk.

I did not reply but watched her as she studied me before saying, "Typical of your kind, but Cayne seems to think differently about you. I just can't seem to figure out why." She then narrowed her eyes, as if trying to find something within me.

"Prince Gordon is kind, that is all," I replied shortly, any hopes of a conversation with her diminishing. It was clear she did not have the same leniency towards my kind that Prince Gordon did.

She then rolled her eyes, her fingers drumming lightly on the desk. "Do you know what would've happened if I just gave up because it was the easier choice?" She asked, completely changing the subject.

I shook my head silently as I sat in one of the chairs, sitting across from her. Her eyes finally met mine, holding an expressionless look. "That's exactly what you're trying to do now. You're taking the easy way out because things are getting too tough."

I frowned, opening my mouth. There was more to it than that, but she wouldn't listen. "I know you think the easier choice is the best one, but sometimes it's not,' she started, turning fully to look at me, crossing her legs.

"If I had just ignored my emotions, Protectors and guard dogs would still be used everywhere. Werewolves would still have a tainted reputation, there would have been no change. Do you understand that?

If I had ignored myself, I would've just been Kendall's Protector. I would've been executed when they eventually found out we were intimate, given that our relationship hadn't ended. Kendall would've found another Protector and life would've gone on."

She was silent for a moment before her voice softened just a fraction. "If I had given up, I wouldn't be happy in a relationship with Kendall like I am now. We wouldn't be so close and we sure as hell wouldn't be having children.