Chapter Three

"Ho-ly scrap." Orion shivered, hugging himself tight as another chilly breeze hit. "It's really cold tonight."

"You don't need to walk me home, Orion. It's too cold out, go home." Ratchet's denta chattered. This is just what he needed- a frigid night after five hours of exhausting work. Fan-fragging-tastic.

The archivist smiled, despite his shaking and shivering. "I want to, Ratch." He draped an arm around the medic and pulled him closer as they walked, causing a blush to come to Ratchet's cheeks. "It's the least I can do."

When they finally made it to Ratchet's housing unit and got inside, it was extremely dark, and had gotten even more cold, much to their dismay. Immediately Ratchet turned up the heater and fetched two energon cubes, as Orion sat down on the couch.

"I'd be a disgrace to all medics alike if I let you walk home this late, and when it's this cold." Ratchet muttered as he handed the archivist one of the cubes. "Stay here tonight."

Orion took a sip of the cube, his gaze tangled with Ratchet's. "...If that's alright..."

The medic smiled and sat beside him. "So... about Megatronus?"

"What about him?"

"How did you two meet?"

Orion thought for a moment. "Well... I was becoming concerned with the present corruption, it was worrying me... then I watched one of his matches... his words were so inspiring, and... I guess I introduced myself, and we became friends." He smiled. "He's such a good mech."

Giving a slight nod and sipping his cube, Ratchet lowered his gaze to his lap. Megatronus didn't seem all that great to him, but he couldn't say that to Orion...

"So... tell me about yourself. What's your favorite color?" Orion gained his gaze back; the archivist wore a playful smile.

The medic raised an optic ridge. "Uh... malachite green.. why?"

"Mine's teal." Orion said with a peppy tone. "What do you like to do?"

"Research." Ratchet replied, crossing his arms. "But you already knew that."

"Aww, Ratch, you gotta work with me here!"

"Alright, alright. I like to read, decode complex encryptions, and fix things. There, happy?" The medic gave in, beginning to smile, which only got Orion more worked up.

"Seeeee? Conversation is fun!" Orion laughed, trying to secretly sneak his arm around Ratchet, which the medic noticed immediately. The archivist merely winked, once again making Ratchet blush. This made Orion laugh again. "I love it when you blush."

"Way to make it uncomfortable, Orio-"

Ratchet was cut off when Orion kissed him, wrapping both arms around his waist and hips. The medic jumped a little at first, before cupping Orion's cheeks and falling into it, relaxing in the archivist's warm and soothing embrace. After around twenty seconds, one of Orion's servos drifted down and slid over the medic's aft, which earned him a glare.

"O-Orion..." Ratchet growled in warning.

"Whaaaaaat?" Orion teased, before returning his lips to the medic's. Ratchet didn't resist, only let his own servos trail down and wrap around Orion's neck cabling, pulling closer. The archivist held him close, one arm around his waist and the other remaining on his aft (knowing Ratchet would snap at him for it) and deepened the kiss, becoming a bit more passionate and fierce.

Then a voice rang from Ratchet's com link. ::Ratchet? You there?:: The medic pulled away and raised a digit to his audio receptor to reply, ignoring the whine of protest from Orion. "Nightdaze, what is it?"