Chapter Thirty Three

The quiet of the room was more than intimidating to Ratchet, as he was in enemy's territory as a captive, or so he believed... He was locked in Optimus's berthroom within the Autobot base, where he sat on the Prime's berth, back pressed against the wall, and with his knees hugged to his chest. Optimus had looked upset when he locked the medic in the room, arguing that he didn't want to treat him like a prisoner, but, the other Autobots argued that it would be best if he didn't run, or cause any harm. Ratchet was too afraid to do either of those things.

"Primus," he whispered to himself, staring at the door fearfully, expecting it to open at any time. "What are they going to do to me..."

As if on cue, the door opened, revealing Optimus, who was holding a cube of energon. Ratchet whimpered and pressed his back against the wall, optics growing wide.

"Easy, Ratchet. Nothing has changed, I won't hurt you." Optimus said softly, smiling as he stepped in and closed the door. "I brought energon." He sat down on the edge of the berth, and held out the cube of energon for Ratchet to take.

Ratchet stared at it for a few moments before saying, "It's poisoned, isn't it?"

The smile on Optimus's lips only grew. "Ratchet, I'd never do something like that to you. I just thought you might like a cube. I promise, I've done nothing to the energon." Ratchet still stared, and didn't take it. Optimus sighed, before slowly taking a drink of the cube, proving his point. "There, see? Perfectly safe." He held it out for Ratchet.

His nervous gaze on Optimus, Ratchet slowly took the cube, and inched away from the Prime.

"I'm glad your finally safe..." Optimus gazed at him, still smiling. "I was afraid. I didn't want you to get hurt..." His gaze drifted over Ratchet's frame. "You do look a little scuffed up, though."

Ratchet looked at himself for a moment, realizing his paintjob was scratched and scuffed, which was... probably from Palladium. He sighed, remembering the 'Con's rough servos and touch. Why was Palladium such a stranger to him? They were bonded, after all...

He didn't notice Optimus had stood up until the Prime sat back down, holding a small bottle. Ratchet watched nervously as Optimus opened the bottle, and gently took his servo.

"Wh-What is that?" The medic asked hesitantly.

"Polish." Optimus replied, taking a small brush utensil and dipping it in the bottle of polish, before painting the clear liquid on Ratchet's wrist. He started on Ratchet's wrist, and slowly worked his way up his arm, polishing the scuffed paintjob.

Ratchet watched, a little surprised, but didn't resist. "But... why?"

The Prime smiled at him. "Am I not allowed to preen my lovely mate?" He asked as he continued to Ratchet's forearm. "The polish brings out the white," he observed, glancing up at Ratchet's face.

"I'm not your mate..." Ratchet looked away. "From what I understand, you forcebonded to me." He sighed. "And now I'm your prisoner... again."

Optimus winced slightly, as he began to polish Ratchet's shoulder. "Sweetspark..." He whimpered, stopping for a moment.

"What do you intend on doing to me?" Ratchet refused optic contact as he asked quietly. "Anything that hurts, no doubt."

"I'd never hurt you." Optimus shook his helm slowly. "Sweetspark, I love you... please don't believe that I'd do anything harmful to you." He continued polishing Ratchet's shoulder, sighing.

"...I..." Ratchet slowly looked back at him. "...If you don't want to harm me, why did you abduct me?"

"I didn't want Palladium or Megatron to harm you further," Optimus replied, finishing with Ratchet's shoulder, and pointing at his chestplates. "May I?"

Ratchet huffed. "Why would you ask? Whether I'm comfortable or not, you'd still do it."

The Prime didn't answer, only sent affection over the bond, as he began to polish Ratchet's chestplates, glancing up at his expression every couple of seconds to make sure he wasn't doing anything the medic wasn't comfortable with. Ratchet stiffened, but didn't argue.

"...Did Palladium hurt you at all?" Optimus asked after a few moments of silence. "That you can remember?"

Ratchet looked at him for a couple seconds before sighing. "He... he didn't hurt me, but... I just don't understand. He's a complete stranger to me, he's intimidating, he's unfamiliar, but he shouldn't be... what did you do to me?" He whimpered.

Optimus's gaze softened, and he stopped polishing for a moment. "Ratchet, I did nothing to you. I know you don't understand, but he's the one that hurt you. You just need to trust me..." He set down the polish and took Ratchet's servo. "He... put this programmed data chip into your spark. It rewrote your memories... that's why you don't remember anything."

"But... he..." Ratchet stared at him. "I..." He placed a servo over his own sparkchamber. "I.... I don't know if I trust you or not..."

The Prime smiled, kissing the servo he held. "You'll find I'm very easy to trust."

"But... your an Autobot."

"So are you." Optimus pointed to the insignia on Ratchet's shoulder. "Please... all that I ask is that you allow me to show you... I can help you. I can explain to you."

Ratchet thought for a moment, before sighing, and giving a tiny nod. "A-Alright... Just..." His voice got quieter. "Promise not to hurt me?"

"Of course." Optimus smiled, reaching to cup his mate's cheek with one servo. "Thank you for trusting me..."

The medic nodded, unsure of what to do.

"Alright..." The Prime withdrew his servo. "I need you to open your sparkchamber." He said softly.

Ratchet stiffened and stared at him, baffled. "I..." He subconsciously covered his chest with one arm.

"I just want to look at the data chip... and see if we can remove it." Optimus explained immediately, his tone soft and gentle. "I swear I won't hurt you..."

Thoughts and possibilities ran through Ratchet's processor rapidly. If he opened his spark chamber, the Prime would be able to terminate him immediately whenever he wanted. But if he wasn't lying.. maybe he could shed some light to everything that has been confusing Ratchet...

Optimus waited and let him think for a few moments before reaching and touching Ratchet's arm.

"Let me know if you want me to stop, or if your uncomfortable." The Prime murmured, moving Ratchet's arm away from his chest and gently opening the medic's chestplates. Ratchet stared at him with untrusting optics. Optimus gently reached into his sparkchamber and ran his digits over the data chip, narrowing his optics.

"...Is there really a data chip or are you just trying to kill me?" Ratchet asked quietly, squeezing his optics shut, expecting the Prime to crush his spark at any moment.

Optimus took the medic's servo and guided it into his sparkchamber so it's digits touched the data chip. "...Do you feel it?" The Prime asked, tilting his helm.

Ratchet's optics widened when he realized he did feel it, and it was there... Optimus hadn't lied to him... what else did Palladium say that wasn't true? "Primus," he murmured.

"I'll find a way to safely remove it." Optimus sighed, withdrawing his servo. Ratchet closed his chestplates.

"A-Alright..." Ratchet replied, unsure of what else to say. "Uh...thank you... for the energon, and the polish."

Optimus smiled. "Of course." He stood up. "I need to speak with the others. You can contact me across the bond if you need anything." He opened the door to leave, looking over his shoulder at his mate. "I love you, Ratchet."

When he was gone, Ratchet sighed, and leaned against the wall. After a few moments, he picked up the cube of energon, and took a sip. He was rather surprised to find that it was heated up.... just how he liked it.

He took another sip. Maybe Optimus truly did know him.