Chapter Thirty Two

A quiet whimper escaped Ratchet's lips, as his so called 'enemy' pulled him closer, and led him down the corridor, nearing the entrance into the brig. Optimus was gentle, made no movement that could harm him, which Ratchet noticed immediately. Somehow, it was unsettling.

"I'd never hurt you," Optimus said softly, slowing to a stop and gazing down at his mate. "Please, trust me."

Ratchet scoffed. "Why would I do that? Your an Autobot, and your abducting me. You seem SO trustworthy." He pulled at the Prime's grip on him, squirming around, hoping to tug free. "Now, let me go!"

A saddened look came to Optimus's face, having to tighten his hold slightly to avoid the medic escaping. "Ratchet..." He felt fear from Ratchet's end of the bond, fear of death, fear of harm. "I know your afraid... I can feel your emotions, remember?"

"We're not bonded!" Ratchet exclaimed angrily, glaring up at him. "I'd never bond with the likes of you! And... And I'm NOT afraid!"

Optimus sighed, before using the bond to reach him:

::Then how am I able to do this?:: He asked.

Ratchet froze. "N... How are you doing that?" He asked quietly.

"We're bonded," the Prime replied.

The medic became stiff, and deathly silent. Hurt came across the bond from his end.

"Is... Is that what you did to me while I was in stasis?!" He whimpered. "Did you.... did you forcebond to me? Are you that low as to forcebond to the defenseless!?"

"No!" Optimus immediately shook his helm, his optics saddening further. "Please don't believe that... I'd never do something like that to you! Please, please don't ever think that I'd hurt you."

Silence.

"You did, didn't you?" Ratchet averted his gaze. "It's the only way you'd he able to communicate with me like that..." He turned his helm away. "I'm forcebonded to you." More hurt was sent across the bond.

Optimus gave a sad whimper at the feeling, reaching and lifting Ratchet's chin so their gazes met again. This time, the medic's was greatly pained. Stroking his mate's cheek with his thumb, Optimus sighed.

"Ratchet, please," he whispered. "I love you, and... I could never live with myself knowing I did such a thing to you..." His servo drifted down to rest on the medic's chestplates. "I bonded with you back on Cybertron... just before the war started. I'd never force you to do anything like that with me... and... do you remember your sparkling?" A proud glint shone in Optimus's optics. "You... carried my sparkling. She's our first..."

Ratchet's optics widened. "Y....You used me so I'd carry your sparkling too!?" He whimpered. "Is there anything else you did to me!?"

A slightly offended look crossed Optimus's face. "I'd never!" He retorted, withdrawing his servo from Ratchet's chestplates. "Do you.... Do you know how proud I was of you? Carrying and birthing a sparkling in such dire surroundings? You birthed her in a cave, while bleeding out because a crazed mech had tortured you. I admired your endurance." He smiled weakly. "Your stronger than you look."

Ratchet looked away, a hurt look in his optics. No matter what the Prime argued, his belief was what Palladium would've stated: Optimus had forcebonded to him, and forced him to carry his sparkling, then wiped his memory. It was the only thing that made sense to him.

"Please, just trust me." Optimus begged, pulling him closer. "I'll help you... just trust me."

The medic said nothing, and didn't acknowledge him.

Optimus sighed, before continuing down the hall of the brig, pulling his slightly resistant mate along. After a few minutes, a familiar voice- or at least familiar to Optimus- called out.

"Optimus!? Ratchet!?" Cliffjumper gripped the bars of a cell, staring at the two bots. "Your here too?!"

"Cliffjumper!" His tone lightening, Optimus exclaimed. He pulled Ratchet over to the cell door, and opened it. Cliff stepped out.

The red mech smiled big. "I'm lucky you two came by. Ratch, how are ya?"

Ratchet sent him a weird look and continued to struggle in Optimus's hold, a fearful look on his face. "Let me go...!"

"Palladium and Megatron wiped and altered his memory," Optimus explained immediately, sighing. "We need to get him back to base."

"No!" Ratchet squirmed and cried. "Palladium will stop you! Let me go!"

Cliff nodded slowly. "Ouch. We better be going now, then."

Nodding as well, Optimus gently pulled his struggling mate along, through the corridor, and towards the entrance. They came to the door into the brig, and upon hearing voices on the other side, drew their weapons. When the door opened, they opened fire on three vehicon guards, which were taken down with ease. Ratchet watched in fear, stiffening in Optimus's grip.

"Your alright." The Prime said softly to him reassuringly.

"Please let me go..." Ratchet whimpered.

"C'mon, we just need to storm the corridor and get to the landing deck. Heard Megs say something about us hovering over something called the 'Pacific Ocean'... we can jump." Cliffjumper pointed down the hall. "We need to hurry, though."

Optimus nodded, before they continued on down the hall, as fast as they could while pulling a resistant medic along. The only Decepticons around they encountered were the plain vehicons, which were shot down with ease, clearing the way to the landing deck. Once out on the edge of the deck, they looked over a large blue body of water.

"Alright, let's jump." Cliffjumper said enthusiastically, staring down with eager optics.

"No! Please! Don't take me with you!" Ratchet struggled desperately, staring down at the ocean with wide optics. "I'm a Decepticon!"

"Shh..." Optimus said softly, pulling him closer. Ratchet whimpered, but quieted down, his fear of angering the Prime taking over.

"Let's go," Cliff looked over his shoulder towards the way they came. "Before Megs knows we're gone."

Optimus nodded, inhaling deeply. "Alright. Ratchet," he looked down at his mate, lifting his chin so their gazes met. The Prime kissed Ratchet's forehelm. "I'll protect you, Sweetspark." Ratchet whimpered, averting his optics.

"On the count to three," Cliff stated. "One... two... three!"

Both mechs leapt over the side, and pummeled downward into icy water with a huge splash, sinking about 80 feet before they hit the soft sand ground at the bottom of the sea. They weren't extremely deep, which was good, they'd be able to get above water soon enough. Ratchet began struggling again, upon realising they couldn't breathe in the cold water, but ceased the moment Optimus hauled him upward until he was above the surface, gasping for breath.

"Gkkh... it's cold..." He whined, as Optimus pulled him closer to shallower water.

"I know," Optimus muttered, shivering himself.

"Primus fraggit, it's freezing!" Cliffjumper desperately tore through the water, towards the now visible shore. "Aaah!"

They reached the shore after what seemed to be hours, and hauled themselves up onto the dry sand.

"Primus," Optimus sighed. "Ratchet, are you alright?"

Ratchet looked away. "Why should you care?"

The Prime huffed, choosing not to answer. Instead, he said to Cliff, "We need to contact base. They can provide transportation back."

Cliff nodded, raising his digit to his audio receptor. "Hey, guys? We REALLY need a pickup..."