Chapter Thirty

The quiet of the room was definitely less than comforting, but Ratchet appreciated it slightly, knowing it meant he was alone. Palladium had him terrified, much to the medic's dismay, so knowing he was alone and safe for the moment was something he savored. Unfortunately, that silence didn't last for long, and ended when the door opened and someone entered the room. Ratchet stiffened and held his breath.

"You look comfortable," Megatron murmured teasingly; Ratchet was somewhat relieved that it wasn't Palladium. The warlord strode up to him, hooked his digits under the blindfold, and lifted it to where the medic could see.

The light burned his optics a little, and they had to adjust.

"Palladium certainly made sure you couldn't escape." A teasing smile crossed Megatron's lips. "Didn't he?"

Ratchet narrowed his optics, agitation growing in his gaze.

The warlord chuckled, crossing his arms. "Palladium seems to have taken a liking to you, I've noticed. It is quite amusing." He reached and removed the gag from Ratchet's mouth.

"Am I supposed to believe that?" Ratchet growled.

"Whether you do or not isn't my concern." Megatron shrugged dismissively. "But he most definitely finds you... intriguing." The warlord turned his back to Ratchet and took a few steps towards the door.

"I..." Ratchet's gaze dropped to the floor. "Didn't assume so." Megatron gave a 'hmph' and opened the door to leave. "Wait!" The medic called.

Megatron turned his helm to look at him.

"Optimus... is he... alright?" Ratchet asked quietly.

"Prime is quite alright. I'll have Palladium bring him shortly." The warlord replied. A dark smile came to his lips. "I want him to see you before we rip you away from him."

Ratchet flinched.

The warlord left the room, and once again, the silence returned. Ratchet sighed, a little happier that he could speak and see.

It was a good half an hour before that door opened again, but this time, it was Palladium, jerking at stumbling Optimus in after him.

"Evening, Sweetspark." Palladium winked at the medic, who looked away and growled.

Optimus pulled from the 'Con's hold, and lowered to one knee in front of his mate, sympathy written in his optics. "Ratchet..." He cupped Ratchet's cheek with one servo, giving a small sigh of relief. "I was afraid they'd hurt you." Behind Optimus, Palladium smirked at Ratchet, who averted his optics.

"I-I'm fine." Ratchet murmured.

The Prime kissed him affectionately before turning to face Palladium.

"What are you planning to do?" He growled.

Palladium laughed. "Work miracles, that's what." He slowly circled behind them and rested both servos on Ratchet's shoulders. The medic tensed. "But I promise you," the 'Con gazed down at Ratchet. "I'll take good care of the medic for you, Prime."

"Optimus..." Ratchet whispered, as Palladium's claws began to dig into him.

The Prime stood and narrowed his optics. "Release him. Now."

Another laugh escaped Palladium's lips, but his servos left Ratchet's shoulders. "Your right. Why rush it? I'll get as much of him as I want later." He winked at Ratchet. "We'll have some fun then, won't we Ratchet?"

Optimus growled. "Stay away from him." He glanced down at his mate, who had his optics averted. "Ratchet?"

"Palladium. Let's begin." Before Ratchet could answer, Megatron entered the room, earning the attention of all three mechs.

"Yes, Milord." Palladium nodded, before pulling out a pair of cuffs (which he always seemed to be carrying) and approaching Optimus.

"Optimus, you will cooperate if you want Ratchet to remain unharmed." Megatron said firmly, coming to stand behind Ratchet. "You wouldn't want your pet to be hurt, would you?" The warlord lifted Ratchet's chin, so his averted gaze met Optimus's.

The Prime stiffened, before giving a sigh for defeat and allowing Palladium to cuff his wrists. Ratchet pulled his helm away from Megatron's grip. Optimus was led to the wall, where they attached a chain to the cuffs, limiting his movement to a few feet.

Megatron narrowed his optics. "Palladium, let us begin."

"Of course." Palladium took a box from his subspace and set it on the ground beside the chair.

Becoming rather fearful, Ratchet murmured, "and... exactly what do you intend to do?" His voice was quite and nervous.

"What needs to be done." Megatron stood behind Ratchet and appeared to be positioning himself for something. "Palladium, begin."

The 'Con lowered to one knee in front of Ratchet, smirking. "We're gonna need you to open your sparkchamber." He tapped a digit on the medic's chestplates.

Ratchet sent him a look. "Why would I-"

Without warning, Palladium jammed his digits into Ratchet's chestplating and forced his sparkchamber open, so Megatron could reach from behind and hold it open. Ratchet yelped and began to struggle.

"L-Let go!" He exclaimed, as Palladium took a small device out of the box and a couple tools. "What are you doing!?"

"You have what we want coded into the data chip?" Megatron asked, his clawed servos holding the medic's chestplates open for Palladium to work on his spark.

"You bet." Palladium nodded, as he began to cut a few wires in Ratchet's spark, and started inserting the device and clicking it in. When he hit a certain button on it, Ratchet suddenly let loose an agonized shriek of pain.

Optimus yanked at the chain. "Stop! Let him go!"

Ignoring the Prime and the medic, Palladium continued, until Ratchet suddenly lost consciousness.

"There." Palladium sat back, smiling. "All done. That went quick... thank Primus." He stood up, and Megatron released Ratchet's chestplates.

"Wh-What did you do?!" Optimus questioned worriedly. "If you hurt him-"

"The only one to be hurt from this is you, Prime." Palladium snapped, before beginning to un-strap Ratchet's bindings. "He'll be awake almost immediately."

Megatron nodded. "Good. Hopefully that data chip has rewritten his memories by now." He turned and smirked at Optimus.

"Nnn..." Ratchet mumbled, before opening his optics. "Wh-What happened?"

Palladium took one of his servos, after winking at Optimus. "Ratchet! How are you feeling."

"Fine." The medic replied, looking around. "Where are we?"

Still smiling, Palladium pulled him to his peds and put an arm around him. To Optimus's surprise, Ratchet didn't fight back, or even protest. He only shifted closer to Palladium.

"Ratchet?" Optimus asked softly.

Ratchet stared at him. "Do... I know you?"

Fury hit Optimus like a wave. "What did you do to him!?" He demanded, making Ratchet flinch.

"C'mon, Sweetspark." Palladium said quietly before scooping Ratchet up bridal style. "I'll explain later. Let's just get you away from him." He sent Optimus a glare.

"Whatever you say.." Ratchet murmured, as Palladium carried him out of the room.

Megatron laughed. "My my, Optimus, what a turnout! Your precious mate, believing he's a Decepticon. And, it looks like Palladium's led him to believe their bondmates, too. Everything we want Ratchet to think was in that data chip we installed."

Optimus only glared at him.