Chapter Forty Two

The next morning, closer to noon, Megatron woke with a lazy purr, engines humming in content, as he slowly shifted to his servos and knees. He'd slept well. When he noticed a pair of optics glaring up at him, he suddenly remembered his satisfying recharge had nearly crushed Ratchet, who was now desperately trying to scramble out from beneath him. Megatron huffed and grabbed his shoulders and held him down, knowing the medic couldn't really struggle with the cuffs still binding his wrists.

"Eegh.. Megaton let me up! I can barely breathe!" Ratchet exclaimed as he struggled to shift to a better position. His entire frame was scuffed and sore, and his interfacial armor was loose and hanging at a revealing angle, due to the fact that Megatron had broken one of the clasps the previous night. And to top it all off, dried energon was soaking one of Ratchet's thighs, which had leaked from the claw marks in it, which also ached horribly. "Get your fat aft off of me!"

The warlord bared his denta angrily. "Watch it, Pet." He spat, but hauled himself off the berth and stretched, sighing. "Your fortunate the high grade knocked me out," he muttered after a few moments, glancing down at Ratchet with a smirk. "Good luck fixing your armor with cuffed wrists." With a satisfied 'hmph', he left the room, grabbing a cube of energon along the way, slightly agitated he'd waken so late. Starscream probably did something stupid in the time he'd been in recharge that morning. He best get going.

"Damn you!" Ratchet spat after him, loud enough for the warlord to hear. He got no response.

Ratchet spent the next hour struggling to twist to fix the broken clasp, which was extremely difficult to reach with the thick cuffs binding his wrists. No matter what way he reached, he was unable to touch the stupid clasp... ugh! Defeated, he relaxed on the berth, pulling the blanket over himself with a sigh. Megatron knew exactly how to mess with him. The warlord probably wouldn't allow him to fix the clasp, just because it satisfied him. Frag. Ratchet snuggled into the blanket, silently longing for his mate, for security. Here, anything could happen. His experience was entirely unpredictable... Megatron could snap any time. The Nemesis was awful...

His exhaustion got the best of him, and he fell into a peaceful recharge, much more comfortable than the last few times. Hopefully Megatron wouldn't return for a good few hours, so he could rest...

~•~•~•~

Optimus was standing in front of Lightswipe's crib, servos gently lifting the sparkling into his arms. She was extremely tired, having gotten no recharge the night before. The entire night she'd been sobbing for her carrier... No matter what Optimus did, she wouldn't stop, which is understandable in his perspective. Sparklings share emotional ties with their carrier, given they know their carriers were the ones that originally held them. The poor sparkling wanted Ratchet. Optimus sighed sadly, cradling the femling, watching her recharge, wishing he could grant her carrier's return. Perhaps an opportunity would present itself...

The door suddenly was thrown open loudly and a clumsy Wrecker stumbled in, calling, "Optimus!!!" Lightswipe woke and began to wail, which made Bulkhead stiffen immediately and give Optimus a guilty look. "Uh... sorry."

Optimus sighed, hushing her. She continued to whimper, reaching up for the Prime with huge, round optics. "What is it, Bulkhead?"

"A few Decepticon signals popped up. We believe one to be Megatron!" The Wrecker explained. "What should we do-"

He didn't have time to finish his sentence before Optimus brushed past him and hastily entered the main hangar, immediately approaching the monitors, where the rest of the bots stood. Arcee looked up at him. "Do we take action?" She asked.

The Prime grit his denta, before placing Lightswipe in Bumblebee's arms, and waving to Cliffjumper and Bulkhead. "You two, with me. Arcee, be ready. Your our backup." He turned around and walking over to the new controls they had just finished building. The groundbridge should be operational, Ratchet had been working on it until he'd been captured. Then the bots took over and did what they could to get it ready for use. Optimus punched in coordinates, and pulled the lever. The green portal swirled open, making a soft humming sound. With Cliff and Bulkhead at his heels, Optimus strode through, coming out into the canyons, immediately spotting Megatron with five vehicons surrounding him.

"Alright, BucketHead-" Bulkhead started, but Optimus silenced him with a look, then turned his attention to the dark warlord that watched with amused optics.

"Megatron," Optimus said firmly. "Why have you come? There is no energon to mine in this region, and even so, you wouldn't be about." He inhaled deeply, keeping himself from tearing the blasted mech apart. This was the last time he'd take Ratchet...

Megatron smiled sweetly. "Oh, just out for a walk. And I missed having conversations with you. Is there truly anything wrong with hoping to see an old friend?" His words were laced with game and tease.

It took a few seconds for Optimus to respond: "You've come to gloat." He dug one heel into the ground, tense frame begging for movement. "Megatron, release my medic. He's no use to you."

"Ah, but he is. I do fancy an obedient prisoner, well, for the most part obedient. He can be a bit of a little pain. But, once you assert your dominance..." Megatron gave a dark laugh. "Your completely correct, I have come to boast about him."

Optimus took a step forward. "Megatron, I know there isn't a way for you to willfully hand him over, but I humbly request that you refrain from harming him." He sighed, recalling all the times he'd felt Ratchet's pain when he was struck or 'punished' for his actions. Each one hurt him as much as it did the medic.

"Oh, so you felt his agony, eh?" Megatron snickered. "I forgot that would happen... I should've taken advantage of it. But I guess there's still more time..."

"You hurt Ratchet, we'll be cleaning your energon off the walls!" Cliffjumper spat, stepping forth to stand beside Optimus.

Bulkhead joined him. "We'll pound you into dust, BucketHead!"

Megatron laughed, shaking his helm. "I'm afraid I can't take that under advice, Autobots. Ratchet is now mine to own, regardless of your threats."

"He's not your property!" Optimus snarled fiercely, anger flashing in his optics and expressing in his words. "You cannot claim him in that manner!"

"The weaker are mere trophies, Prime. Simple belongings for you to claim and take as you please." Megatron stated, turning his back to them. "Remember that. Now that I have had my fun, I must return to the warship. After all, I have a medic to play with," he smirked at Optimus over his shoulder. "Decepticons, attack!" He ordered, gesturing to the five vehicons, who charged immediately. Megatron didn't stay to see how the fight turned out, however. He transformed and blasted off into the sky, back towards the warship. He loved playing these games.