P1 : C18

I woke alone. I do mean alone. No one was within the room with me. My breathing felt odd, my body felt different; in a way I did not know how to describe. My ears rang and my temples throbbed, everything was hazy and rough.

"You're awake. I'll tell father." The blue girl stood at the other end of the room, she lifted her arm and opened a panel at her wrist. She turned and stepped out of the room as a door slid open. As it shut I heard her speak in a language I vaguely recognized. It was thick and heavy on the tongue, clicking in curled k's and t's. With weak arms and legs I sat myself up and then stood, using the wall to aid my balance.

"You know, from all the pictures I've seen and all the news feeds from satellites I didn't expect you to appear so much like your mom."

Turning I saw a man leaning against the frame of the door, his arms folded across his chest and his foot set up against the wall. "Forgive me, my name's Khiaptema Sigg. But you can call me Kip." He was rather tall, thin but a suitable build. His skin was a faint blue, rigid and bumpy in a single line along his arms and down the center of his neck. His hair was a dull brown sandy color that curled loosely down to his shoulders, pieces of his hair were twisted back behind his head to keep out of his eyes. He was oddly handsome but his bright yellow eyes made him mysterious and alluring.

"Thanos sent me down to escort you back. We'll be docking soon." Kip said, standing up straight. "So I'd suggest coming with me peacefully so we don't cause a scene."

"I am not one to cause a scene in the first place,"

"Good, makes my job that much easier." Kip winked and gestured for me to follow him. Questionably and drowsily I followed, my weak legs moving slow and jelly like. "You'll have to forgive me, I'm not one for much conversation, it's quite rare to have a guest aboard the vessel, seeing as Thanos never takes prisoners or has company here aside from scientists, alchemists, philosophers, wizards and such. And no, you may not ask why he invites them on board because I do not have the answer why he does."

"For someone who does not converse often you know how to keep one going in a conversation." I pointed out. "And I wasn't at all curious to know why he invited men of magic and science."

"Some call me a walking thesaurus, though I suspect that is a Terran term." Kip grinned as he looked over his shoulder at me.  "How come you are not interested? Most would try to sneak off after my mentioning of the subject and try to find out what he is up to."

"I want nothing to do with Thanos or whatever he is tinkering."

"I feel awfully sorry to say that you are involved whether you like it or not. Everyone already knows who you are and your relation. Your Thanos' daughter, you can't escape that charge or label." Kip waved his wrist next to a panel and a door opened, he gestured for me to walk through. On the other side was an incredibly large room, filled with holographic images and recordings. Each one showing a heading of an article or a news print about Thanos and myself. "You are quite famous on Earth, I must say. It's fascinating really, there are no pictures of you and yet everyone knows exactly what you look like; or at least what they expect you to appear to be. I believe they called you 'violet skined and aqua eyed' in one report that I read." Kip turned and leaned in, looking into my eyes. "Your eyes are very beautiful and alluring, I suspect you can change their appearance along with the rest of your being."

I took a step away from Kip and nodded. "How is it you know so much?"

"I am Thanos' eye, I see all and hear all. Or at least try to. It is my duty to keep an eye on all those he deems worthy of watching. Such as yourself for example, and that Peter fellow of yours." Kip crossed the room and waved his hands out, the images and recordings disappearing into thin air and making way to a larger screen showing our location on star charts. He gestured to a faint green pulsing dot on the star chart. "Peter Quill seems to be trying to follow us, he is far behind in this quadrant. But he is gradually catching up just as expected."